What is the best shark dive you guys have ever done?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best shark dive was somewhere in the Coral Sea. We were on an Aggressor. There was a big cage, but photographers were allowed to stay on top of the cage for the first 1/2 of the feed before the chum was actually released into the water. We had to cling to the top of the cage with our fins and one hand. My husband/buddy insisted on staying with me.

We don't do dives where sharks are fed anymore -- I like to see them behaving naturally. However, that was very exciting.

Natura: Okinawa, Bolo Point in the evening.

Not natural: Okinawa's Whale shark dive. What a blast!

NC has been pretty good to us. Last August we hit the water and swam into a mass schooling of preggo Sandtiger females. The wreck was covered with babies and the entire water colomn was filled with 10-12' momma's, I would guess 200-300 of them over the entire wreck, to top it off we had a big Atlantic Manta swoop in on us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soSCbKz1-RQ

Well, I could say the time a 14 ft great white swam between me and my dive buddy Wyland here off Catalina but since I had my back to the shark I'll go with a dive in Tahiti where the sharks were everywhere and no one was feeding them.

Protea Banks, South Africa, Alcyone, Cocos and Roca Partida in the Socorros

Back
Top Bottom