What is the Dipolder 2, and 3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for posting the pic... awesome!

You need one of the strobes Wes used for the Diepolder picture for conservation faux pas at Ginnie-LOL LOL

Yes, my second reaction to the photograph (after the initial "oooh!") was, "Just how much light did he HAVE in that cave for that picture?"

for those frantically searching for desktop sized versions of that photo: here you go

Yes, my second reaction to the photograph (after the initial "oooh!") was, "Just how much light did he HAVE in that cave for that picture?"

The way you do a picture like that is to mount the camera and leave the iris open. You then swim to the different locations using a penlight always pointed away from the camera, then light what you want added to the frame for a precalculated period of time and shut off the photo light. You then swim to each of the other locations and repeat.

The way you do a picture like that is to mount the camera and leave the iris open. You then swim to the different locations using a penlight always pointed away from the camera, then light what you want added to the frame for a precalculated period of time and shut off the photo light. You then swim to each of the other locations and repeat.

This picture is a single guy as photographer and subject, selectively lighting a long exposure as a light painting? Amazing.

I'm fairly sure I was told once that there were several divers with slave strobes that light the cave for the picture.

If you look carefully at the divers, I'm pretty sure the big round yellow things you see in front of the diver in the foreground as well as some of the other divers are BIG lights w/ what I assume is a battery pack hanging below. I originally thought that was a DPV, but the size/shape is all wrong. I have the picture as wallpaper on my computer so I see it every day.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom