What is this first stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jborg

Green Water Diver
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was looking at a local deal for a set of doubles regulators, G250v with ... something. I didn't recognise the first stages and it wasn't specified so I asked and got an answer and pictures: "Mk25s, best ever":

image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg

That doesn't look like what I recognise as a Mk25 (I have a couple of those, of different vintages). Or, I mean, it does in general body layout, but no balancing chamber holes, just indentations? Is it just an unusual, older model I'm not familiar with?

Oh, I guess it's probably some sort of Mk19... But, without a hat and with holes at the top that I don't see on a Mk19 picture? No, I'm still confused. :confused:

This looks to be a ScubaPro MK18 with the soft cap missing. I do not see the fins that a MK19 would have on the diaphragm retainer.

Attachments

• MK18 - Schematics (2013).pdf
    197.1 KB · Views: 39
This looks to be a ScubaPro MK18 with the soft cap missing. I do not see the fins that a MK19 would have on the diaphragm retainer.
Interesting that some many questions about the mk18 lately. That is my guess too, MK 18.

added; the ambient holes are at the top in the picture.

Back
Top Bottom