What is your biggest Fear in diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same fear. I know that at some point most people have to give up diving, and I can't imagine giving it up. It is one of my major joys in life.

What is your biggest Fear in diving?

My wife finds out that my TLS-350 signature series drysuit was not "$30 on ebay"

nor my can light, computer, four reg sets, two sets of doubles...

:shocked2:

My greatest fear is entanglement in monofiliment, wire leader, etc. especially towards the end of the dive before ascent...

We're expecting our first kid in a couple of months. I echo the comments about fear of not being able to dive. We'll see how it goes...

The other fear is of taking an undeserved hit and getting bent. So far, so good, knock on wood, but you never know which dive profile will be the one that does it to you.

getting lost in a strong downward current with less than 1m visibility...

Actually you do know someone, me! :D My sinuses reverse block from time to time. Had it happen on ascent from a 120 foot dive. Got to 50 feet and it felt like the roof of my mouth was going to explode. Nothing I did relieved the pain, I descended until it went away and slowly, ever so slowly ascended up the line. It wasn't clearing and I started doing the math, I'm 1.5 ata from the surface, the volume of air that's killing me now is going to double before I get to the surface. Conclusion: This is going to SUCK. I was actually watching the bottom of my mask waiting for it to fill with blood upon rupture of a sinus. Not a good time for sure. Luckily it just hurt like nobody's business and I was able to make the dive after lunch with no problems, the pain had resolved.
Ber :lilbunny:

See, that's exactly what I'm afraid of. Glad you made it out OK. And I agree with Hank49, getting back in the water on the same day something like this happens takes a man much braver than me.

biggest fear is losing a student or buddy.....
don't know if this has been mentioned.
had a student just take off,past divemasters,on a drift dive.....
total mayhem
total a$$ chewing
45 mins and 10 years of my life later!!!!

Now that you mention it.. Buddy separates, you come up, he doesn't. How do you explain to wife you got separated, weren't there to assist, etc,.

I'm really surprised nobody has said "other divers". I've heard several stories about close calls with divers with too much testosterone and a speargun. That scares the bejeebus out of me. Perhaps once I actually get to dive it will frighten me less?

Current that takes me far and away from the boat, land etc. 2nd fear would be propellers, boats etc. then sharks:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom