What is your favorite sea creature?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All of them, but in particular...Orcas and dolphins....

Tough call this one. I would have to say

1) Big sharks - yet to see a whaleshark underwater.

2) Beautiful and colourful clusters of Coral (loved the Southern Red Sea)

But the most fun I've had to date has to be the encounter with the dugong.

:turtle:
Diving off Lady Musgrave Island a month or two ago, got some great footage of a huge male green turtle circling me for about 10 minutes - it was mating season at the time and I think he was trying to impress me with his rather large....um, appendage!

I also go all gooey over clownfish and nudibranchs!

and sharks; and cuttlefish; and seasnakes; and... well, just about everything now that I really think about it!:bonk:

They are cute & cuddly vegetarians that can grow bigger than a cat. they are also purple. I never get tired of watching them graze on rocks.

Hmm hard call to make here.

Would have to say these guys:

Ed
dolphin-pair.jpg

pod1.jpg

Ed

art.chick once bubbled...
They are cute & cuddly vegetarians that can grow bigger than a cat. they are also purple. I never get tired of watching them graze on rocks.

My first instructor picked up a sea hare and tickled it's back (between the flanges) and it spits out a purple ink cloud - totally amazing. However, I'm sure the little guy was not very pleased being handled like that.

My favorite WAS the turtles....saw a HUGE turtle in the Keys last year that was simply amazing. Then, a few months later, diving in Panama City, FL.....one tried to bite about 6 of us in our group. He was VERY aggressive....biting several fins, cameras, tank straps and almost some arms and legs. However....once back on the boat you heard all of us saying....DANG THAT WAS COOL!!!

Wolf eels and octopus! I have had so many memorable dives when I have encountered either one or a few times both on a dive.

Very very difficult question - I'm in love with the sea and the creatures who live there.
A few of my favorites to watch...
Big: Jewfish
Medium: Octopus
Little: Blennies
And I do really like the Indigo Hamlet as a special category of "pretty fish."
To eat, well, it'd be a much shorter list if I listed the ones I don't like.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom