What kind of gear do Canadians dive with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do we wear? Everything we can. I was in last week in Tobermory... 65 minutes in 38F water and delightful. Apeks XTX50s and DS4s on doubles for redundancy. I'm currently in an ancient Viking Pro, but about to change to a DUI FLX Extreme I think. Drygloves of course... And an Aquatica AD7000 system... Big knobs.

Dave's advice about regs and inflators is spot on. Keep everything warm and dry and don't start breathing your reg until it's in the water.

We only did a 50' shore dive, but had a great time!

Hot chocolate with a spot of rum afterwords doesn't hurt either...
Nice pix there Stoo, in NS we only get vis like that when we go to Ginnie Springs:D.
ZDD

Sherwood Blizzard
7mm full..I wear five finger gloves because I hate 3 fingers...a themos full of warm water between dives. But in the summer, your almsot sweating in the sea water here.

Just curious. Since its a cold water environment, what kind of gear is everyone diving with? Particularly regulators and drysuit / thermals etc. :eyebrow:
I dive a custom 7mm shorty. In the caribbean...

I was certified up here in the north on a warm snowy day. Never made that mistake a second time.

On Canada's west coast it's a White's Bullet Fusion drysuit with Thermal Fusion and Mk0 Baselayer. Neoprene socks and rock-boots. Dry glove system by SiTech. Regs by Apex (xtx 200). Steel 100 HP tanks and an AquaLung Black Diamond BCD.

In the caribbean, for me it's a 3/2 shorty or 3mm full suit with the xtx200 and trusty black diamond. Ususally take my rock-boots 'cause I don't own full-foot fins.

C.

Or a denim jacket and a standard issue Mullet. :)

But seriously, I've used my Oceaner drysuit (neoprene) for years and don't ever recall getting very cold, even when ice diving. I also use Sherwood Maximus regs and have had very, very few problems with free flows.

Oh, Timbits are so-called doughnut holes and are from Tim Horton's. Very tasty little things.

Cheers!

Most of the Canadian divers I know are smart enough to head to the tropics during winter and dive a 3/2mm!

you all forgot the beer afterwards.......

Never! This was taken Dec 9. at the Tiller Wreck (115'/45 min TT) in Lake Ontario. Air temp was -3C/26F and water was 2C/35F. No ice required for chilling the deco-juice! ( I stole the hat from the Lost and Found at a hotel... It matched my favorite brew brand!)

399350_10151490417689505_1101590821_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom