What level of DAN insurance to you carry?

Which DAN insurance plan did you chose?

• Standard ($30)

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Master ($40)

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Preferred ($75)

Votes: 76 59.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Preferred ($75)
o.png

Preferred but will move up to Guardian once our renewal time comes around again!!

Glad to see this discussion. I haven't been diving for the last couple of years, but kept up my DAN membership and insurance both in case I got the chance to dive and to support a good organization. But I hadn't really thought about level for a long time (benefits and risks of automatic renewal). I just realized that $75 was both membership and insurance, i.e., just the Master level. Looking through the benefits chart at the DAN site, I'll be upgrading to Guardian prior to a trip I'm planning this spring or summer. It is so cheap compared to all the other costs...

I previously don't have insurance specific to diving but will be signing up on the Guardian Level.

I have checked my insurance company and others but what worries me is that when I talked to their agents regarding if the insurance policy covers diving, their answer sound uncertain. They would tell me that diving is not listed in the excluded activities so it would *probably* be covered. No one can be tell me for certain that diving is covered.

The "probably covered" scares me. I don't want to be in trouble just to find out that I am not covered and need to pay everything myself.
So I will be signing up for DAN before my next trip.

It is time for me to renew my DAN insurance, and I am leaning towards the $40 primarily because it includes $2,500 in lost equipment replacement. What level of DAN insurance do you carry, and why did you select it?

The choices in your poll do not match what DAN is offering to me.

Master - $40
Preferred - $75
Guardian - $125

Preferred. Can't get Gaurdian, live in Wa State and the Preferred is the best coverage I can get.

Same here in Maine. Preferred is the top coverage they offer here.

I'm preferred but I dive mostly locally if I was going to travle internationally I would do guardian.

It it is a great deal. When I looked my life insurance excludes death while diving, health insurance does not cover transport, hyperbaric treatments, and more.

If you have an accident and recieve o2 in most places your going for a ride to the hospital and your looking at at lease $2,000 out of pocket just getting to the hospital. Not to mention they are not going to care about your gear there is another $2,000 easy.

What is $100 a year that is less than one boat trip, a weekend of entry and air. It is worth it.

Guardian Level......did not vote in poll.

would do guardian.

It it is a great deal. When I looked my life insurance excludes death while diving,

That's not true in Illinois. If you die, and it wasn't suicide (during the contestability) or during a war, and you didn't die during the commission of a crime, the policy will pay. No exclusions in IL for diving, skydiving, racing, etc. If they issue the policy, you are covered.

Here's a link if you'd like to read it yourself. Buying Life Insurance Look under Mandatory Provisions

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom