What makes a master diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From my experience the agencies invent nothing. Instructors invent things that the agencies then adopt.

that is what moderniseation is all about . our technical commision reviews teaching practices and adopts what they see as best practices

it is the senior instructors who make the higherarchry of the agency

stevewirl:
it is the senior instructors who make the higherarchry of the agency
In CMAS (sort of) but not in PADI. And it is rare the "senior instructors" invent squat, by and large they swipe from their juniors.:D

stevewirl:
the drills are devised by the agency . and a proper instructor / properly rehearsed instructor will and can prform what he has been thought himself .
Not in my experience. When I was a DM I worked with a lot of instructors from different agencies. Many of the "tricks" I picked up as teaching aids came from those instructors ... not a single one came from an agency ... theirs or mine.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

if its for the good of the agency it doesnt matter where it comes from . some times its the most un technical things that can do it . and it usually the more junior guys that could notice this first

i have alot of tricks that are standard practice in other agencys

Fill us in on them, start a thread, we love to steal (er ... learn.)

I'd prefer the tricks that the agencies haven't figured out yet. :wink:

simple stuff . in a rear lift like putting your left arm under the the victims left arm whilst holding their controls thus raising the shoulder/cuff dump that the dry suit doestnt need any direct attetion

Back
Top Bottom