What makes a master diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But at no time did I or my wife feel any responsability toward these people.

Well, that sums it up. No wonder we are where we are.

robertarak:
Oh that's great..shame on the world. Shame on the boat crew, and shame on the diver. Let's punish the shamefull diver by losing her. By putting her alone in the water. We rant on and on about the dangers. Being an all knowing, "professional" who preaches the dangers of the deep, you must know what dangers a buddiless newbie could face. Who cares really, just another newbie, right. Wow!
It wasn't until AFTER the dive that they knew she was a buddieless newbie. During the dive she was a fully qualified solo diver as far as they knew.

Sideband:
It wasn't until AFTER the dive that they knew she was a buddieless newbie. During the dive she was a fully qualified solo diver as far as they knew.
A fully qualified solo diver that stays so close to you during an entire dive that you cant take pictures of fish without being bothered?
Come on, solo divers usually dont do it because they need to be more or less hugging other divers??

he did it when yscuba was pretty much 3 levels basic advanced instructor,
i consider thens advanced being equivalent, and it had not much theory, altough lots of drills

maybe its different in usa

josh_ingu:
To discriminate these divers would be relatively simple. Does the diver have a fully redundant equipment set up? If not, its not a qualified or equipped solo diver.

-j-

I have dived solo most of my diving life and you will probbly not see me with a fully redundant equipment set up when diving solo. Don't make assumptions, they could be wrong.

captain:
I have dived solo most of my diving life and you will probbly not see me with a fully redundant equipment set up when diving solo. Don't make assumptions, they could be wrong.

You frequently tag along with other divers uninvited?
-j-

josh_ingu:
-j-
Im mainly diving solo, but I did that 4 times during week 33..
That is, if "tag along" covers mainly being 30 feet away from the other divers, except when hanging at the safety stop and on the boat...

josh_ingu:
-j-

No, I go the other way but I don't want someone coming to my rescue because he assumes I am not a solo diver because I do not have redundant gear.

diveasr:
he did it when yscuba was pretty much 3 levels basic advanced instructor,
i consider thens advanced being equivalent, and it had not much theory, altough lots of drills

maybe its different in usa

I was teaching a YMCA program at that same time, The biggest change to that course since then is it's no longer called the Gold Star Master Diver. In the overall program, the biggest change was introducing the AOW class. I refused to teach that "class" because it had no value. Anyone wanting an advanced class from me took the Silver Advanced class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom