What Makes You Drool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Checked out your website Veganshark, and the recipes look delicious! I'm going to have to try your brownie recipe in the near future because I saw it included apple sauce, which I'm intrigued to tryout because I've never used apple sauce in brownies before, plus brownies=yum! :) On a side note I saw the film (Earthlings) that was referenced on your webpage.... oh man, that is one serious documentary worthy of a thread of its own...

Thanks! :) Applesauce is really popular in dairy/egg-free baking, as well as gluten-free baking. The first time I tried using it I was skeptical, but it really works perfectly. Let me know how the brownies turn out!

If the recipe list doesn't scare you off, I highly recommend the chocolate chip cookies. The recipe is from a bakery in NYC, and is easily the best recipe I've tried in my life. They're gluten-free, so require a lot of ingredients I'd never even heard of, like arrowroot and xanthum gum, but wow are they awesome. I've made the recipe at least 20 times in the past year, and everyone that tries them agrees they're the best chocolate chip cookies they've ever eaten.

Earthlings is such a powerful film. Years later I'm still haunted by images of the dog crushed to death in the garbage truck, and the blinking eyes of the fox who was skinned alive. Not everyone walks away from the movie wanting to change, but it gives a lot to think about either way.

Anything spicy

Mountain Dew with a little baking soda and some peroxide makes a DIY glow bottle so says Facebook. ...not sure if I trust that one...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How about pre-dive food? With boats boarding at 6 AM, and having to wake up early to drive to shore spots too, I find it impossible to get a decent breakfast in. I usually just drink a smoothie or eat a protein bar on the drive there.

Mmmmm curry.

Only issue is that it would have to be a 1 dive day, as after I'm done eating, I enjoy a nice nap and being lathargic after eating ALL the curry and naan :p

I'm not a huge breakfast person anymore, but just something to keep my satisfied until later in the day.

Warm water: Local juice and whatever the kind of food the nice lady is making on the side of the road to the dock.

Cold water: Timmies and maybe a power bar.

In between: Fruits, chips/salsa, macaroni salad (with a multitude of hot sauces - Taino Divers in PR make their own sauces) and boat loads of water.

After, anything grilled with some local adult beverage (beer, spirits, ciders)

I love tea, but I sure don't like diving after any amount (although my P valve is about to be installed .... So that will probably change)

BRad

Jessica Alba?

Oh you mean food. And diving?

Then I nominate "At Sea" on Bonaire. Best diving related restaurant ever. We managed to eat there twice this week. One was the late shift after our night dive. The second was early shift as part of our friday drying out session. We did the tasting menu. Started with a smoked Wahoo amuse. First course was a layered prosciutto, whipped cambozola cheese and gelee dish, followed by veal 2 ways: tongue & liver with onion 4 ways: deep fried ring, roasted, creamed & caramelized. Entree was a Venezuelan prawn and Canadian salmon with an apple marshmallow. Desert was a tiramisu slice over moca cream and dark choclate crisps.

Best second choice is Chef Jerry on the Belize Dancer (way better than Stan in T&C!).

I've been overdosing on spicy Mexican food this week, burritos and enchiladas galore. I never turn the stove fan on, 'cause I love the house smelling like cumin and spices :)

happivore-soyrizoburritomed.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom