What manifold with isolator do you use with your doubles? Leanin towards a Thermo.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Inserts. Why would I want to get the inserts for the din so I can use a yoke. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? I don't see why you have to if you are going to be diving din anyway. My tanks are HP tanks and require it to filled to 3500 psi to reach full capacity, so I'm assuming that the conversion is meant for LP tanks, is that correct? Besides din is much stronger and reliable than a yoke system.

Hang on,

If you've got PST HP tanks, they have a tank thread size of 7/8" if I'm correct - the Sea Elite manifolds are only available in 3/4" threads.

I was saying to get the 300 bar DIN - not sure if you misread me or not.

I think Genesis and OMS are the only options for a 7/8" manifold.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Hang on,

If you've got PST HP tanks, they have a tank thread size of 7/8" if I'm correct - the Sea Elite manifolds are only available in 3/4" threads.

I was saying to get the 300 bar DIN - not sure if you misread me or not.

I think Genesis and OMS are the only options for a 7/8" manifold.

DR has a manifold that works with the PST HP tanks. Halcyon doesn't

Scubaroo once bubbled...
If you've got PST HP tanks, they have a tank thread size of 7/8"
I think, I'm not sure, that the PST cylinders that were to be rebadged as Genesis cylinders had the 7/8 thread, but other HP PST cylinders were the standard 3/4".

But I'm not sure on this...

Roak

All of our PST HP tanks are 7/8 and we have DR manifolds on them.

I believe the new PST E-series tanks are all 3/4 thread.

This really sucks!!!! What to do now???? Called up Diver's Supply they say it won't fit on my HP 100's, aaarrgh!

I spoke with PST, they tell me that Thermo and Sherwood Manifold are the recommended choice for the PST HP tanks. Did you guys know that both these valve manufacturers have been around 70 years, and they are both U.S. Companies?

I think there is a lot more to this than opinions. Has anyone ever seen one fail? If not, maybe the judgement is getting just a little bit harsh since there is nothing factual to base it on. Besides, If I mentioned earlier, all the HP PST tanks come with the thermo valves as a standard from the factory, I think they have been like that for a long time already, which means a lot of recreational divers have them on their PST right nOW!

Hmmmm, interesting point isn't it?

Also the new style Thermo valves, single and double manifold now has the raised Sherwood type rubber knobs. I think I'm going to give PST the benefit of the doubt and look into a Thermo.

Heck the manufacturer of one of the most popular tech tanks (PST) is saying that Thermo is great, U.S. Made, parts easy to come by, and definitely not made in another country.. That says a lot!!!

I've never had a problem with my Thermo Valve that came on both my PST HP 100's. Good finish on them and they've been very reliable. Another point the manufacturer brought up was that when you turn the valve knob one full turn the pressurized air is already coming out full on, another half turn is not going to matter. Now if you look at this point logically, he's quite right. Since the tank is under great pressure, it wouldn't matter.

That is true, Thermo came out with new valves and manifold last year, basically just different knobs, and they look a little bit beefier. Thermo has been on PST tanks for a long time, however most people I know do NOT use them when they double the cylinders. Funny thing is SHerwood valve parts and Thermo parts are interchangeable. Except for maybe the copper disk that seals the bonnet nut, but definitely the seat is interchangeable. The seat is very soft, and if you crank down your valves, be prepared to change the seats often. Seat and stem are two different pieces on the inside of the valve, similar to most designs. Stem doesnt seem to hold up as well, made of soft brass and if you dont protect the valve from getting banged around, be prepared to replace those as well....

So, you see, in my EXPERIENCE as a SERVICE TECHNICIAN, the most problems i have seen with all the above mentioned manifolds/ valves have been with THERMO...

Not so much HORSEPUCKY mechdiver....

By the way Mech, are you a service tech???

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...

So, you see, in my EXPERIENCE as a SERVICE TECHNICIAN, the most problems i have seen with all the above mentioned manifolds/ valves have been with THERMO...

Not so much HORSEPUCKY mechdiver....

By the way Mech, are you a service tech???

Knew a Ford mechanic. He only worked on Fords. Said they were ALL a POS because he spent all his time working on them.

Your comments above could apply to any product, any manufacturer, any where. You don't have to be a "service tech" to have common sense. I think I'll take PST's opinion.

My profile says what I do for a living. Any hint there on "mechanical" knowledge?

MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom