What manifold with isolator do you use with your doubles? Leanin towards a Thermo.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just put a DR manifols on our, replaced the knobs with sherwood knobs and away we went. Some of these manifolds can be very hard to get because they don't sell many and don't build them very often.

I dont know what a Mech. Designer/IS&T actually is... but i know that is not a service technician that works in a dive shop... Having mechanical knowledge and actually working on and servicing dive equipment on a daily basis are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS... if you cant understand that, you have issues...

Secondly, I was not posting my OPINION, i was posting my experiences with a particular piece of equipment. Now, you can take that for what its worth...

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
I dont know what a Mech. Designer/IS&T actually is... but i know that is not a service technician that works in a dive shop... Having mechanical knowledge and actually working on and servicing dive equipment on a daily basis are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS... if you cant understand that, you have issues...

The difference would probably be around 40 grand a year

Secondly, I was not posting my OPINION, i was posting my experiences with a particular piece of equipment. Now, you can take that for what its worth...

Thank you, I already have.

MD

Ya, well, ya know what, money isnt everything, But i will tell you one thing, I pay alot less for my dive gear than you probably do...
How do you like paying retail??? ( that is if you do...)

Still leaning towards a Thermo even more now. I've actually met other people who have been using them for a long time, 6 people. They all say they wouldn't dive anything else. They also said they have never, ever had any problems.

Now that's what a call factual, hearing right from the horses mouths.

:eek:ut:

Having rebuilt them as well as watching over the shoulder of my friend who was rebuilding a Thremo, I like the all O-ring system of the Sea Elites' over the copper crush washer system of the Thremo.

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom