what model is this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are asking the value of the reg- $5-15 on average, $25 on a really good day on ebay, they are fairly common and the first gen are more desireable as collectors items. Same goes for the cap gauge.

Service cost is the same as any reg, just you are likely not to be able to find parts (complete service kit) and most places will not bother to try to figure out what current parts are substitutes. If they will, odds are you will not like to price (labor cost money). This is a DIY project or a wall hanger or a few bucks on ebay. The cap gauge cost maybe $0.50 to replace the tubing.

If you intend on selling the setup, do a bit of research on eBay or just put it up for sale; but again, as Herman said don't expect to see it bring much money.

However, as you already own the equipment and if you're happy with the performance, it's value can be very high in that you really don't need to replace it with a new model. There are still ways to get it serviced if needed, see Thal's link in post #6. I would remove and store the pin indicator and replace it with an SPG and dive it.

2011-06-20.jpg

I know that somebody else made a SPG similar to this one except it was mounted on a hose. I found this picture on another forum and am sahring it here. Over the last 30+ years of working in a dive store repair facility I got to see a lot of old equipment. I saw one of these many years ago when a older gentleman came in to get his "vintage" equipment appraised. I remember trying to find a price for it, but nobody at the time could help me in Minnesota.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom