What motivates us to dive the way we do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flying is definately one of them....the total and complete freedom in the water is unmatchable in my opinion....part stress relief, the whole getting away from it all (my pager, telephone, customers) cause after all, the fish don't want a thing from me :) Lying on a beach is not relaxing for me...all that happens is that everything that's still broken on the ship just runs around in my mind and I get even more stressed....but when I'm diving, I have to be thinking about what I'm doing and using my brain in a different way. It really recharges me to go back and fight the technology fires again :)

Also to challenge myself, not by skirting the line of what's safe...as far as I'm concerned, that's just foolish......but to keep pushing back the line of what I can do. I did a cavern dive once (one of the coolest things I've ever done by far) and it was a big deal for me....a lot of the challenge for me was just keeping my irrational fears in check (I'm not a big fan of dark places)...now I never put myself in a position where I was even close to panic...but a lot of the challenge of the dive was keeping my head in check so I didn't get there....if that makes sense?

Anyway...as you can see, a few reasons that I'll keep going under. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom