What piece of equipment has made your diving more enjoyable/easier/comfortable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After 2 dives for 45 minutes each in Dutch Springs in 41 degree water, I couldn't even operate the buckles on my fins. Had spring straps on the next week and won't ever have any other straps on my fins.

weight intergrated Bc,, i have no hips LOL .kept loosing my weight belt during my ow check out dives . Paul

A few things.
A Comfo-bite mouthpiece. I don't have to bite down, it just hangs there.
A bag-in-a-bag. I forget about it till I need to pick up some trash, or a scallop or two.
My SeaDive Raptor mask. A great fit, great visual range, and looks very cool with the high contrast, gold mirror lenses.

Hands down, that would be my Cressi Matrix mask. Most that have tried it on love it for the field of view. It is like a whole other world out there.

Spring straps. Hands-down best gear purchase since my basic scuba setup. The ability to reliably get my fins on or off in less than two seconds makes the surf zone a much happier place.

Second place goes to my collapsible hand cart. Lugging my gear bag, weight bag, and cylinder used to require two heart attack-inducing trips. Now I put the two bags on the cart, carry the tank, and hardly break a sweat.

Ditching the console was a great change, too. Now I have my computer on my wrist, my SPG clipped, and my compass mounted to a small slate on a mini-retractor and tucked away when not in use. Much better.

After reading this thread, I'm going to have to try a Seacure mouthpiece.

Depends on at what point in my diving career you refer to.

When I first started using an SPG, that was a MAJOR improvement.

Although I didn't use one for many years, once I got used to a BCD it was invaluable... especially once I started videotaping.

I didn't realize how limited my vision was in my many masks the first 40 years of diving. It wasn't until I bought a Cressi Big Eyes that I finally saw the light (although their straps and buckles seem to have a higher than average failure rate)!

Most important, but certainly not a "piece of equipment..." my number one dive buddy, Andrea. When I dive with her, I feel totally at ease even in difficult situations. She is an awesome and very experienced buddy... and not a bad looker either (oh, did I mention she also has a fantastic personality?).

Dr. Bill

barb:
I recently bought a new mouthpiece - SeaCure. This has made my diving much more comfortable - no more tired jaw from grippiing the mouthpiece!!
I also made a recent purchase of the UK Light Cannon. Wow, it sure was worth it - it lights up the wrecks, entices those fishies out of their hiding places and is'nt too heavy to carry! Initially I was'nt considering this equipment as the price was a bit high for me - but I shopped around and found a better price and I'm so happy I did!!
So what piece of equipment has changed your diving experience?

-- A Spare Air... I feel more comfortable knowing I have it. In retrospect, however, I have made the mistake (today in fact) of not checking the little pressure popper before I went in.
-- The seacure mouthpiece... definitely an improvement... I almost feel like I don't have the reg in my mouth.

ibnygator:
After 2 dives for 45 minutes each in Dutch Springs in 41 degree water, I couldn't even operate the buckles on my fins. Had spring straps on the next week and won't ever have any other straps on my fins.

There was a fellow out at CSSP today who was nice enought to let me try his, and ...WOW... definitely my next purchase.

my diverite nitek duo computer, spring heels and my rubbermade cooler to store all my dive gear in!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom