What Scares You The Most?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Giant squid aside, boats on the surface beyond anything.
A buddy and I were struck by a boat once and only by the grace of devine intervention, I am convinced, were we spared being turned into chopped meat.
The experience forever changed me. Kept me out of the water for a while and altered the way I conduct myself near the surface.

Like I said before,,,,the No.1 fear of any diver should be, Complacency!!!!

Having an OW student go full-blown panic during a routine exercise, spit out his reg, and attempt to bolt to the surface while holding his breath.

Had that happen to me once ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I agree that its propellers that scare me the most. Surfacing away from my boat, or waiting for the dive boat to pick me up after a drift dive leaves a diver vulnerable to the idiots.

TOM

CJ Waid:
Come on, are you telling me you have never peed in your wet suit?

:no

Not once. I pee before, I pee after. I half-strip and head for the bushes.

I assume, at some point in time, that I'll absolutely have to, but it hasn't
happened yet.

:)

Peter

Devil505:
Just wondering what things cause concern to other experienced divers ??

$1,200 flashlights...

Or maybe actually the fear that my wife will find the receipt for one in my trunk!

:)

I must admitt to peeing in my wetsuit any number of times.......on purpose! (If you dive cold New England waters it is a very good way of warming up 1/2 way though your dive)
Anyone wanna buy a used wetsuit?<G>
(Another good reason to rinse your gear out with fresh water after a dive)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom