What should i do with 1987 scuba tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well my frustrated nerves have settled. I was 10 years off on 4 of my tanks (99, not 89, and 2 are Catalinas - whew!). I did however lose 2 of my father-in-law's old AquaLung 72's that we used to use for hang/deco or "shallow second dive" tanks. Truth be told, they were a PIA to use as they were tall, skinny, and so positive bouyant that we used to have a weight belt that was put on the tank to dive them.....

I'm feeling somewhat better. I'll have to check scrap prices, and maybe I can get a good chunk off a new tank or 2 for my wife with a recycle at the local scrap yard. If not, the neighbors will be hating me with the new wind-chime.....

A short Review of 6351 Alloy Alu

A total of 15 SCUBA and fire fighter SCBA cylinders have ruptured explosively in the US from sustained load cracking with an additional 4 at international locations. Although small in numbers, these ruptures caused property damage and personal injury.

Id say recycle it. Not worth the hassle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom