What size Pony do you prefer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

faye once bubbled...

I never said I was a big tekkie. Just getting into it, slowly. It is also hard to travel with doubles! Finding a buddy in a new town can be hard. Thats why I like the pony. Don't know who you can trust.

So, let's see. You like deep air and have posted your thread about how great it is to overcome the narcosis at depth. You've been to 170 in a bay up in Canada. You're not technical.

Boy, I guess that just leaves dangerous and scary.

Please entertain me with the thingas that you think I have said that qualify me as the above. If you need further information I can provide it to you if you wish. Why am I unskilled. You know nothing of my skill level. Foolhardy, mabey. I don't like to buy into everything that I am told. I'll learn the right way through slow trial and error. Experience is the only teacher. Guidance from more experienced divers is valued by me but not taken as gospel. I hear what instructors have to say and then figure out if I agree with them on my own. Too many people in my opinion read it then beleive it. There are alterior motives behind everything. I feel that alot of trainning is a big marketing ploy which instills faith in the agency. Making the new diver dependent on said agency. There is really no interest in how you dive as long as you dive. Give them money, you know, the whole capatalist thing. Incompetant, I don't think I am. I may be diving in a strange way to you, but I know my limitations, I have experienced them and I have learned from them. I still have VERY far to go. You'll have to dive with me, or watch me dive to figure that out for yourself. But please don't insult me. I have said nothing defamitory about your diving choices

Let's see. Your deep air post. Your lack of skills. Your poor attitude. Your suggestion that a small pony takes the place of a properly trained and experienced buddy. Your suggestion that people dive without a BC when they are in a drysuit.

Your suggestion that you are using some type of complicated system to evaluate what you are taught.

I am not. no system. just learning from everyone I talk to. Actuallly listening rather then waiting for my turn to talk.

You've been to 170 in a bay up in Canada

I did a commercial diving course a little while ago. We went to that depth as the final part of the coarse. It made me want to go back there to that depth on scuba.

Let's see. Your deep air post. Your lack of skills. Your poor attitude. Your grammar. Your attempt to blame it on "whole language" (Johnnythan is 100% correct). More than half the time its almost impossible to discern what you're trying to say. Current examples include

Well the english part, I imagine, can get a little anoying. Bugs me too. Not an excuse but a reason. Can't blame anything you do on anyone else, right. But I think it is a little petty to be attacking someones english skill on a scuba board.

Mabey I think you are dangerouse for putting so much faith in a system? But I don't like to go there. We'll leave the personal attacks to others on this board who are VERY well versed in it.

Whole language is a system that was adopted in ontario, elswhere too, that moved away from the traditional method of teaching phonics to a very visual form of learning. Focus on the shape of the word. The way it "feel" to you . This was suposed to help children internalize the language. Some adapted to it very well while others didn't. I was also not to keen on the schooling thing. I regret it now. Was more of a hands on guy. I am ust starting to learn about the whole language thing, the politics involved and how it is affecting the schooling system.

faye once bubbled...
Was more of a hands on guy. I am ust starting to learn about the whole language thing, the politics involved and how it is affecting the schooling system.

Weren't you a hotshot football star? Brantford Bisons or some such thing?

Its kinda funny that you only learned the Canadian version of Ebonics (whole language??) instead of proper English :)

WW

Good one...
I guess I watched to much BET when I was young.:D

Not quite whole language but ...
lots of stuff on the net about this. It is baaaaaad

No there is not a lack of education...Just a very different opinion of what education should be.

Too many punt returns? Weren't you born in Canada, the English speaking part? I think you're just stupid.

Where are all your supporters? Have they all been captured in Baghdad? Personally I think the RCMP should be looking at you pretty closely.

WW

yes, I was born in canada. No I didn't play football. I don't like organized sport.

QUOTE]I think you're just stupid.[/QUOTE]

Can't really respond to that!
In a funny way, I take that as a compliment, comming from you at least.

see you at the gates.

You should take WW's comment as a compliment, because its the nicest thing anyone is likely to say about you.

Instead of a pony, may I suggest a spare air. You'll love it. Its a regulator and a small bailout bottle all in one compact unit.

When properly used, the manufacturer claims that you can do ascents from deep water.

You can clip them wherever it seems convenient. You can even vary the placement to suit your needs on a particular dive. Your calf on one dive, your belt on another and, for variety, your chest straps on a third.

It doesn't weigh you down with all that extra weight that, for example, I deal with in my doubles. I truly hope that you give it a try. Several times.

Shetland ponies look pretty good for most field work. Although I understand that Scott should never have taken them on his South Pole Expedition!

Hey WW... It's a job for CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service) rather than the RCMP!

Back
Top Bottom