What size wing is this guy wearing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gedunk once bubbled...

Dude, that is smokin!

Now you know what a spinner bait feels like :eek:

Lol... Yeah, if I wasn't holding onto the bottom, then I was able to barely hold my place above the ground if I totally let all hell break loose with my fins... I love my Mares Quattros, and if I poured into them, I could barely maintain.

The problem, of course, came seven or eight seconds later when "the burn" began to set into my legs. I don't think that even Arnold Schwarzenegger could last too long in that current. Maybe 15 or 20 seconds, but that's enough to wear anyone out completely.

So what I'd do was hug the bank, and swim upstream. When I was completely bushed, I'd move to the center of the river and drop to the bottom and use my dive tool to somewhat hold a place on the bottom. When I took the blade out of the ground, I'd drift backwards and stab again, look around for artifacts, and do it all over again.

In all, it was actually a pretty fun dive.

I think later I called it the "everything on me is vibrating" dive. :D

Believe it or not, I could not tell any significant difference between the crappy Mares jacket style BC and the bp/wing that I used (Dive Rite Trek wing attached.) But if I'd had that dude's rig on, I might have actually gotten somewhere.

Tampascott: I'd love to test the bp/wing against the Classic. Frankly, the Classic is still my favorite BC. It's just nice all over... Great fit and finish and quality everywhere. That picture sure does look impressive, though, doesn't it? Nothing I tested looked like that.

I can just see it now... I can see me buying both, for different reasons...

Edited to correct the unfortunate mis-spelling of negger :)

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Yes you can spear fish.... you just can't eat them.

UP, don't tell me that to be DIR you have to be vegitarian...

You're kidding, right?

SeaJay once bubbled...
UP, don't tell me that to be DIR you have to be vegitarian...

You're kidding, right?
Nope, worse, you need to be Vegan (sp?). Unless you're Trey, in which case bring on the steaks!

Roak

How'd they get so chubby eatin' vegan?Or is that a trait of cave divers?:wink:BTW I spearfish with the 18# and SS B/P.

UP, if I dive with an HP100 on a stainless BP (FredT @ 6 lbs) with no weight in a set of Halcyon ditch pockets (I don't think I'd need it then, even with an empty tank) and with a Pioneer 27, could I get that rig to float if I wanted to? What if I had a canister light attached? I thought the designers of those canisters tried to make their stuff pretty neutral so they didn't weigh you down on one side.

And can someone point me to that website where the weights of all of the tanks was? I tried searching for it, but was unable to locate it.

I've seen a site with weights of various AL80's, wet, dry, full, and empty. Is there a similar site for HP100's? (Isn't that actually a HP104?) What about for HP120's?

...And I'm assuming that everyone who is using an HP tank also uses a DIN connector. I think when I get my regulator, I'll be opting for the DIN and using a yoke adapter whenever necessary. That way I have the ability to do either/or. Does this sound like a decent thought process to the experienced?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom