What the heck??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget there are sinus passages in the area, and lingering inflammation could cause sensitivity.

Try taking your mask strap off when you’re in the pool. Not off the mask but just off your head. It won’t matter if the strap flops around but that may tell if it’s on to tight.

By the way, this is a very simple skill everyone should know incase a strap brakes.

Gary D.

riversandbar - i think you nailed it!! thanks!! i did pluck them yesterday and if i remember correctly i had done the same thing the week or so before i went diving.

open follicles plus chemicals = sore eyebrows. whodathunkit??

See, thats what I thought... it happened to me too... :rofl3:

No, really, had something like that happen to a girlfriend.... so I am aware of it being possible.

OH YEAH..... Welcome to the boards Blair...

I'm sorry to have to tell you, but the only solution is to get a full face mask and a dry suit with attached hood. A full helmet will also work to keep the chemicals out of your suit if you tie it to a yoke. Have your dive buddy check for leaks with soapy water in a spray bottle before you enter the water and have a two man rense team waiting for you on exit to clean any residual pool chemicals off before you remove the mask and the suit.

Or... just don't pluck 24 hr before a dive :D

khblair:
riversandbar - i think you nailed it!! thanks!! i did pluck them yesterday and if i remember correctly i had done the same thing the week or so before i went diving.

open follicles plus chemicals = sore eyebrows. whodathunkit??

:D

I'm going to weigh in here, on behalf of men, and suggest that you continue to work through any pain that might be involved.

Really, diving is not worth succombing to the unibrow look. Suck it up and keep plucking.

We appreciate it.

Walked into this discussion late, but as a representative of guys, the arguements that you should "stop plucking your eyebrows".....your "skirt is too tight".....and "your skirt is too high" are ridiculous, counterproductive and just plain silly....those combinations of english words should never occur. :D

Wetvet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom