What tire for a HOG rig?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use tubes to put on the webbing that goes thru the plate (shoulder and waist) to prevent premature wear. Plus, prevents waist webbing from moving or having to be readjusted frequently.

Seems like an easy way to lose a knife? Is this really secure enough? As opposed to mounting the knife holder permanently through the webbing?

With two bands that encircle the knife sheath and two layers of 2 inch webbing it doesn't move at all and is very secure. The band under the handle also helps to keep the knife from slipping out.

Follow the advice already given here to visit a bike shop. The shop employees should be more than happy to give you old flat innertubes for free.

If you insist on buying "pristine" innertubes...
I've had good luck with a bike tire innertube that I was given a number of years ago. The box is marked "26 x 1.75-2.125 ISO Size 559mm." The beautiful thing about the innertube is that it comes with a Schrader valve installed in the stem. Guess what? That Schrader valve just might be a handy replacement for the one inside your BCD inflater hose. You'll need a special notched Schrader valve tool to remove/replace the valve.

In addition to using the innertube to secure my backup light on my BP/W harness, I use short lengths of innertube to secure the ends of my tank cambands. The Velcro on my cambands has gotten so old that it doesn't stick anymore. (FWIW, the clamp -- not the Velcro -- actually cinches the camband onto the tank.) The lengths of innertube have been a very workable [-]short-term[/-] long-term solution for me. YMMV.

I use tubes to put on the webbing that goes thru the plate (shoulder and waist) to prevent premature wear.

Fantastic idea! Mine are wearing thin, and I wish I had thought of this a long time ago.

Flat tires from a bike store, DUH! Why didn't I think of that? I spent good beer money on a new one :shakehead:
Well, at least it doesn't have a hole in it:eyebrow:

Any other ideas for it? When I put the unit together over the weekend, I put an extra rubber sleeve on it so when (not if) the one I am using breaks, I don't have to dismantle all the webbing to re-string a new one on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom