What to do at Boracay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Homeless - Did you do that dive with us with the 7 koreans that all split up in the 2M vis?
dont think so, not if it was our group.
The best I saw was at Camia when someone else brought a bunch of them. I know its a dangerous way to operate, (and wholly irresponsible), but it cracked me up as the funniest thing I'd seen underwater. (aside from that 'video' day)

• 3 operators (LD/DM/whatever) / 10-15 korean students
  • 1 LD holding tanks of 2 'swimmers' - no fins at 20m
  • 1 LD chasing after a 5-6pax group instead of the other way, buddy system destroyed!
  • a few individuals all over the place, some up the mast, some by the prop. Lone LD trying to get them back into a group, not sucessful.
  • LDS made a killin' that day because every person had a rattler/tank banger and they certainly knew how to use them! You would've though they found gold bars, aliens, or Jimmy Hoffa.
  • and the best? - - - every body was kung-foo fighting! Seriously, these cats were all arms and legs trying to swim/run, even the ones being held.
A few merged with me then wandered off again.
jackiechanunderwater.jpg

jackiechanunderwater.jpg

but which station's ariel's?
Ariel's is a small trendy bar near Cocomangas at Station one. Perhaps 'trendy' isnt the correct term, but it does seem to occasionally attract some upper-crust youth from around the Philippines. They tend to screen guests some nights to keep it a 'beautiful people' crowd and keeps the average working girls/boys out.

Its the front of a really nice resort with a private courtyard/pool area, I think its Boracay Beach Club - I might have that wrong; not on the beach but on the main road where it comes really close. Nicely appointed and new looking, glass front.

Thank you guys, i will certainly try the mango shake and maybe wreck dive

Experineced Divers here in Davao say that there is a site that is OK (for exp. divers) in Boracay, but it it is deep and has current.

I notice from your profile that you have less than 25 dives; therefore all dives there will be fabulous for you for your number of dives (this is the Philippines).

It is common knowledge that novice divers will not be taken to dive sites beyond their level of experience in Boracay.

If somebody there says that you can dive the more challenging sites, think carefully please!!!

Enjoy your stay:blinking:

WWD

and oh, don't flood your underwater cam.

oh yes, especially if the manufacturer warned you it is only good up to 40 meters...

try Crocodile Island as well.

though you wouldn't really miss much if you opt to just sit back and laze around the beach, watch the sunset, pig out on seafoods, enjoy the mango milkshake at Jonah's, and feast on all the eye-candy sights in front of you.

:)

I will be heading that way in late April!

Experineced Divers here in Davao say that there is a site that is OK (for exp. divers) in Boracay, but it it is deep and has current.

I notice from your profile that you have less than 25 dives; therefore all dives there will be fabulous for you for your number of dives (this is the Philippines).
Dont take this wrong, but its kinda my fav, this site. Easy as heck.

Nah, its only 27.5 meters laying under the ship next to the prop.

No real current to speak of unless you're in the 3 to 10m zone on the line. I mean, there might be some current on the ship but it's never been anything to work against. The tide charts always have a fudge-factor but for the Camia II wreck, its really easy to plan a smooth drop.

As long as you have a basic AOW you're good to go.

It is common knowledge that novice divers will not be taken to dive sites beyond their level of experience in Boracay.
haha, you made a funny! for a minute there, I thought you were being serious or doing some tourism marketing. In your own words "this is the Philippines".

Anyway dude, you'll like diving here. Its pretty laid back. The wreck and crocodile are pretty much the staples. Just about every AOW student get those as part of the course. But WWD has a good point about them selling harder dives, Yapak isnt the safest place and there was an incident there recently so be sure you really trust your diveshop b4 dropping in there. We tend to take it for granted but somepeople-- even highly experianced divers... dunno, they just wig-out when hanging over the wall with another 35m of blue above their heads, (and almost always a current).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom