What to do with the Dog when diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If we go for a day trip diving from shore we take the dogs with us and if we are taking the boat diving they stay home in the run (we are only gone a little longer than we would be for work anyway).

If we head away for the weekend we leave them with a member of our Gundog club which they Loooveeee! They get to hang around with 15 or so Chesepeake Bay Retrievers plus get taken for walks where they can flush pheasants and usually a few pigeons are shot for them too:D

I'm not sure about leaving them at boarding kennels we don't know. Our dogs are hunting dogs and don't get spoiled (except during bird season - hunting is their treat and they love it), fed treats or allowed to sit on the couch (although they try).

Milo the great retriever
DSC00970-1.jpg

miloriverhead.jpg

Bundy the great...err...goofball?
bundy2.jpg

bundydrink.jpg

Yes, Cody is a Shiba (also know as hell spawn).

I try to torture him as often as possible :eyebrow:

Yeah, I know. My dogs have a rough life, too. :wink:

Yes some people will say that it is cruel but MY dog LOVES water and I just put her life jacket on and she swims the entire time we are under. I only do this in the lake NEVER in the ocean. When we go to the ocean there is always someone there that does not want to dive and she was train to be the biggest baby in the world so they all want to babysit her. never had a problem.

We often take the dogs to the quarry with us when we're doing some training dives and let them swim as much as they want. The neat thing is my instructor's dog follows his bubbles and only his bubbles, so the dog is always there when he ascends.

We often take the dogs to the quarry with us when we're doing some training dives and let them swim as much as they want. The neat thing is my instructor's dog follows his bubbles and only his bubbles, so the dog is always there when he ascends.

Now that is too kewl!:D

If my wife got her wish he would dive with us.

He already thinks he's human. However he doesn't swim to well. He doesn't have much fat on him.

Please, don't take your dog freshwater diving in Florida! They are tasty to any gators in the vicinity.

That is why we put the life jacket on her the first time it happend i just surface for i don't know why and there she was so we had to stop the dive for a few minute so we got her jacket on and for the next 40 min she just followed our bubbles.

Get a cat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom