what to do with your valuables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i think my dive knife would ruin the zodiac operator's empty ride back to shore. not smart for a man with an inflatable boat to pull a stunt like that...

I know of a guy that befriended two divers one time and asked them if they wanted to go out on Lake Erie in his Zodiac to dive. They accepted his invite and went off to a wreck. During the dive the Zodiac owner seperated and went back to the Zodiac before the other two. When they surfaced he demanded money for the trip or they couldn't get back in the boat. Nice guy.
I'm thinking I would memorize his boat license number , find out where he lived and visit him one night for my receipt if you know what I mean.

That's hilarious!

Did they also bring all of their gear down into their cabin between dives, hide it under their beds, slide the dresser against the door, and lock themselves in?

:rofl3:

Did they realize that if their concern was valid - which I don't - they were actually better off than if there were other passengers on the boat? Let's see...

You're on a boat in the middle of the ocean with no way on or off by anyone else. Something goes missing while you're in the water. The only other people on the boat are the crew. Gee...I wonder who took it?

To make it even more ridiculous, your friend thinks the crew looks SO UNDESIRABLE that he's worried about leaving his wallet unguarded...but his solution is to leave his WIFE with them instead?

:rofl3:

See the first quote above. They were hardly worried about their money (I said nothing about money in my post). They were worried the boat wouldn't be there when they returned after a buddy dive. Just as happened to some folks in Belize a few years ago, by the way. The Belize divers were just abandoned without apparent regard for their money or belongings.

I can hardly image of a dive boat crew stealing your hole dive bag.
I use a combination luggage padlock in the zipper and I leave all my valuables inside the bag. No keys required.

thsi is great info im going to make sure i lock up my towel , sea drops and 9mm in my mesh gear bag

The boat ride out is completely free, but there's a little catch....the ride back is triple

As Foghorn Leghorn once said, "Two half nothings is a whole nothing"

A Tilley hat has a little pocket which is ideal for stashing the tip money & hotel key which is all I take with me when traveling.

If I'm diving locally everything stays in the car and my car key goes in the zipped pocket in my undergarment. (I think my next car just might have one of the number pad keyless systems.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom