What type of GAS do you dive?

What type of GAS do you normally dive? (Choose 1)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of gas? Depends on what I ate the night before.

(Oh, c'mon, like someone wasn't going to go there!)

Looks like Air (21%) is way out in front with 32% about half way back to the starting line and the rest of them in a pack just stumbling around in front of the starting line. What an amazing thread this has been for race fans around the globe! But it's not over yet and anything could happen! :D

Actually kidding aside, I think it's interesting to see how the numbers are falling into place.

Christian

headhunter:
Looks like Air (21%) is way out in front with 32% about half way back to the starting line and the rest of them in a pack just stumbling around in front of the starting line. What an amazing thread this has been for race fans around the globe! But it's not over yet and anything could happen! :D

Actually kidding aside, I think it's interesting to see how the numbers are falling into place.

Christian

I think people who don't use air are more likely to respond to this poll... just like people with a low SAC rate are more likely to respond to a SAC rate poll...

just my opinion!

Scott

Mo2vation:
I gotta call Steve. If OA does Membrane, I am so there.

Gotta throw more love to Big Wave Dave at the PacStar - they do PPB.

---
Ken

Very cool. Who knew. A few blocks from me. Thanks for the tip, Chris. You really ARE dreamy. :07:

TJ - another vote for the Peace. I've been on there 4 times this year, and after thinking they were just another dive boat and not worthy of all the hoopla (in many of my previous posts over the years) I've recently raised my opinion of the operation.

Not because of the Nitrox (nice) or the bubblng science experiment (I dive dry and prefer my own bacteria, thank you very much) or the fact that they have one of the best compressors on the water... fat, fat fills every time. - but because of the crew. They've had essentially the same crew for years now. These people are pros. They know the sites, are attentive, friendly and dang funny. I'm starting to like these people.

The boat, not so much - but the people are top notch.

Plus you get 4 dives on most of their trips - always a plus.

---
Ken

ScubaDadMiami:
Why not go with what is optimal under the circumstances? Where the dive calls for trimix, use trimix. When it calls for 32, use that.

'Cos that's sensible and as everyone knows, your choice of gas is determined by either:

a) the diving cult you currently belong to, or:
b) how much you enjoy bragging about being a "mixed gas" diver

and, boy, those stripey tanks really look cool!

:wink:

BTW, 21% is my favorite tipple, unless it's a single malt, in which case something stronger is called for.

scottfiji:
I think people who don't use air are more likely to respond to this poll... just like people with a low SAC rate are more likely to respond to a SAC rate poll...

just my opinion!

Scott
I would not have run the poll, but the person who asked us to add GAS to the dive report format suggested a default of EAN 32%. I had of course assumed most people dove regular air (21%). So I decided my own perspective was not enough. Hence the poll.

pasley:
I would not have run the poll, but the person who asked us to add GAS to the dive report format suggested a default of EAN 32%. I had of course assumed most people dove regular air (21%). So I decided my own perspective was not enough. Hence the poll.
I think that the poll shows that most people dive air, so that sounds like a good default.

Christian

i think most dive air because its cheap, others dive air because its good to 187 with a ppo2 of 1.4

California Diver:
i think most dive air because its cheap, others dive air because its good to 187 with a ppo2 of 1.4
Those are in reality the same people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom