What type of GAS do you dive?

What type of GAS do you normally dive? (Choose 1)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley:
I would not have run the poll, but the person who asked us to add GAS to the dive report format suggested a default of EAN 32%. I had of course assumed most people dove regular air (21%). So I decided my own perspective was not enough. Hence the poll.

When did I suggest a default mix? I don't have a "default" gas mix myself.

Personally, I could careless what gas you breathe if you just splash around in Laguna Beach or some place shallow but after seeing several reports on deep dives, I thought having that info might be interesting.

IceDiverInCA:
When did I suggest a default mix? I don't have a "default" gas mix myself.

Personally, I could careless what gas you breathe if you just splash around in Laguna Beach or some place shallow but after seeing several reports on deep dives, I thought having that info might be interesting.
I think the word "default" here in the first post in this thread is in reference to the "text" in the form and not in reference to breathing a "default mix".

I believe, Pasley asks what the most common mix used is for the purposes of saving everyone a little typing when adding the new field.

I agree that having this info on the report might be interesting when reading about a deep dive.

Christian

jonnythan:
Those are in reality the same people.

haha yea good point

Nitrox anywhere between 21% and 99% mixed on my back depending on depth.
Bailout 40% nitrox.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom