What was your most amazing dive experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Three years ago we went diving 'The Boilers' an old wreck about 7 kms north of Inhaca island, which is about 30 kms into the ocean from the Mozabiquean coast where we launched from and on our trip into the ocean we went around four different groups of Humpback whales playing in the sea, even jumping out of the water and coming down with huge splashes!Then when we got to the reef, we decended into this magic world of fish and more fish and just too much to take in.After a while we reached the wreck, and my first sight of it was this huge propeller reaching up from the sand at least 4-5 meters ! It was awesome and then the rest....the boilerroom to this day is filled with copper piping and this huge white potato bass came swimming out of the boiler room! I am still trying to convince some friends to go back there...maybe someday sooner than later !

Here is another thread with some more amazing stuff
The coolest thing you ever saw on a dive?

I've posted this before but it is still pretty funny and amazing.

Oh I love those! What is amazing is you can't feel the rather large eel slithering around you and know only by seeing.

Or, someone else's expression.
Now watching someone else unaware is not so amazing but :rofl3: when they do.

I'm just catching up in this thread and only got half way before this intriguing post, so please excuse me if this is out of context to more recent posts.

What way did he dive that made you think that? There's not an ounce of cynicism in my question - I am extremely curious.

Cheers.
J

In case Lynne doesn't make it back here...
I have the impression Mr. NWGratefulDiver has excellent control, fluidity, precision, least amount of effort expended and basically; one with the water.

Not to mention is skilled in finding and photographing creatures, generous in sharing his wealth of knowledge and experience, and has a clever dry wit. I'm sure there is more I've neglected to mention.
Definitely someone to emulate IMHO.

I've had a few "amazing" dives. But here are 2 great ones.

Shark diving off of Bimini in the Bahamas. 20 or more reef sharks feeding!

My first wall dive in the Bahamas. I was just off the wall at about 100 feet and 2 huge tuna swam by. They were amazing to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom