what wetsuit to wear in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

During the summer I haven't been wearing anything other than my suit and a T shirt, water temps are around 85 F. In the winter I wear a 3mm shorty or 3mm full, depending on my mood. It's always better to be a little over dressed than under dressed when it comes to your comfort.

Here in Mexico on cavern dives I always wear a 3mm full and somedays a 3mm full and a 3mm shorty overtop. On any cave dive over 1 hour I still wear my drysuit. The water temp is 74 right now.

I hope this helps,

Dennis

Everyone is different. I never dive anything less than a full 3 mil suit, as I get cold easily. There was a recent thread on this topic on the Scuba Diving D2D board.
Wetsuit Thread

rachelscott51:
Haven't been to Cozumel before and I don't know what kind of wetsuit to bring with me. Should I wear a 3mil shorty or jumpsuit? Less? I dive in Seattle in a 7mil farmer john combo, if that gives you a hint about my warmth. And, wore a 3mil farmer john combo in Hawaii. Thanks.

When are you going to Cozumel?
How many days are you going to dive?
How many dives per day do you plan on doing?
How easily do you chill?

The water temperature varies from 76 to 86 depending on what time of year you are coming.

A full 3mm suit is a good all-around Cozumel suit.

rachelscott51:
Haven't been to Cozumel before and I don't know what kind of wetsuit to bring with me. Should I wear a 3mil shorty or jumpsuit? Less? I dive in Seattle in a 7mil farmer john combo, if that gives you a hint about my warmth. And, wore a 3mil farmer john combo in Hawaii. Thanks.

3 mm full.

Sounds like 3mm jumpsuit is pretty much the consensus. Thanks for the input.

rachelscott51:
Sounds like 3mm jumpsuit is pretty much the consensus. Thanks for the input.

Yes, I was very happy with mine in May.

Pez de Diablo:
During the summer I haven't been wearing anything other than my suit and a T shirt, water temps are around 85 F. In the winter I wear a 3mm shorty or 3mm full, depending on my mood. It's always better to be a little over dressed than under dressed when it comes to your comfort.

Here in Mexico on cavern dives I always wear a 3mm full and somedays a 3mm full and a 3mm shorty overtop. On any cave dive over 1 hour I still wear my drysuit. The water temp is 74 right now.

I hope this helps,

Dennis
I will be in Cozumel and Playa del Carmen the last week of January. I was just wondering what the water temp will be expected around then? How about the air temp? Is it usually pretty warm and sunny then? I can't wait! thanks

I will be diving in Coz the later part of November and sounds like a 3 mm will be fine. What will the water temp be in 1 month?

I wear a 3mm full wetsuit plus a hood. I have observed that most of the divers there wear a 3mm, especially the women. Gorilla divers of course, do not ! I think you will be glad you brought a 3mm, especially if you dive three dives a day. The Professor. :10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom