what wetsuit to wear in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually wear a 1mil full skin and am usually very comfortable, maybe get into a thermalcline in April that will give me a little chill for a few seconds, but the skin always has been fine. I'm usually there in April-June or around Labor day. I have a 3mil shorty also and have used it down there and in Hawaii and was perfectly fine with it also, I just pefer the protection of full suit as I still carry coral poisoning scars on my knees from 22 years ago when I first started diving and only had a surfing vest.

rachelscott51:
Haven't been to Cozumel before and I don't know what kind of wetsuit to bring with me. Should I wear a 3mil shorty or jumpsuit? Less? I dive in Seattle in a 7mil farmer john combo, if that gives you a hint about my warmth. And, wore a 3mil farmer john combo in Hawaii. Thanks.

Scuba-Quebec:
Do you think that a 4/5 mm fullsuit (BARE Velocity) would be too warm in Coz in the beginning of February..?

No. In fact, I was thinking of getting such a suit because my 3mm full just isn't quite warm enough under 80f for me.

Can a person be too warm underwater? I don't think that I could

Back
Top Bottom