What Women Want... Dork Diver Style!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unlike Dave, who actually posted something useful, I'm just enjoying lurking in this thread!

drbill:
Unlike Dave, who actually posted something useful, I'm just enjoying lurking in this thread!

Damn Dr. Bill, now they know we're hangin around in here listening to all the what to wear, painted toenail talk. :eyebrow:

kittyjg:
Thanks for the polish suggestions. I found some tiny rhinestones at Walgreens and did the toes. Up until 2.5 years ago, I never painted anything. Then I did do my big toes with the dive flag with the white line. Keeping the line straight and finding a polish that was white opaque was hard. The rhinestones look cool, but they are hard to put on yourself. It took a while.
Taking a friend to Haigh this weekend to go over her skills. It's been a year since she dived. Can't wait to show her the toes.

Kitty - You must have missed my tutorial on applying the rhinestones. I'd love to hear how you did yours!

Take a toothpick, insert it in the base coat (always use a base coat - keeps the nails from staining and the polish adheres better). Then pick up a rhinestone with the toothpick and apply it on the nail - repeat till they are all done. Then cover everything with a good top coat and they should all stay in place for a long time.

MeiLing:
I was telling a former dive buddy who is now living in Boise, Idaho about my pedicure with the dive flags on the big toes and now she's jealous and mad at me that I didn't send her a pic last night when I posted the one here! She's going to go have it done tomorrow!

Truly the latest in diving fashion!:D

Thanks to Laura, who I nominate as the official nail tech of the Lady Dork Divers!:clapping:

Aw shucks hun :blinking: I try. Can't believe I've started a trend. This is so much fun!

trucker girl:
Okay... here is proof that I do have grease under my fingernails... and this is after only moving ONE car today... not 3 or 4! I scrub them with a wash cloth in the shower every night- or resort to using a tool to get the yuck out!

View attachment 39166

And, for Mei Ling, proof that ML isn't the only one with big toes! Plus, mine need a pedi. Bad! I do my own when I get home though- can't stand spending all that money and getting a poor clean-up job!

View attachment 39167

TG - a manicure brush might help with the grease under your nails. If you don't have one give it a try. Your feet will look great with dive toes :D

I can't believe TG actually posted pics of her fingernails and toenails! That's hilarious!
TG... here's a new smilie for ya!:dork2::D

I really want some dive toes! I might just try to pick up some rhinestones and red polish today (I have red, but not the right shade) and attempt to do it myself. "Attempt" is the key word! :rofl3:

Whatever happens, I'll post the pics! (They may turn out a train wreck!)

SMB--- I'm just going to Walmart for some errands today. As far as the cheap polish goes... cause Walmart doesn't have OPI or the other good stuff (And, I'm too poor to get the good stuff right now)... what is a good brand for the top coat? Sally Hanson? I usually mess my nails up when I use a top coat, but, if I do the rhinestones, I'll have to use a couple topcoats. Any tips/suggestions?

erparamedic:
SMB--- I'm just going to Walmart for some errands today. As far as the cheap polish goes... cause Walmart doesn't have OPI or the other good stuff (And, I'm too poor to get the good stuff right now)... what is a good brand for the top coat? Sally Hanson? I usually mess my nails up when I use a top coat, but, if I do the rhinestones, I'll have to use a couple topcoats. Any tips/suggestions?

Sally Hansen will do for a top coat - just wait till the nails are dry enough before you put it on. Don't use it sparingly - use enough to give good coverage. That may be why you end up ruining the polish - you can't be chintzy with top coat otherwise it may 'pull' the polish you are trying to cover, especially if it's not dry to begin with.

If you don't have a base coat, don't use the top coat for my little trick about picking up the rhinestones though. Top coats are designed to dry fast, and you'll have problems getting the rhinestones off the toothpick! Because it's only you doing it on your toes, stick the end of the toothpick in your mouth, then pick up the rhinestone, apply, repeat. This is not a method I would ever suggest in a salon :shakehead but it works just as well.

Can't wait to see the pics if you post them!! Who knew this would be so much fun !

Just thought of another 'tip' (stop me if I'm getting too fussy, I am a perfectionist!)

When you apply the rhinestones for the dive flag, start at each corner of the big toe nail and work your way into the centre. The line is straighter that way.

I suggest a weekend at Scratchmyback's for complete dive toe lessons, and drinks, and chocolate, and diving of course

Back
Top Bottom