What Women Want... Dork Diver Style!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MeiLing:
I was so itching for a pedicure with all this talk of nail polish. When I went in, there was actually a straight man in one of the pedi-chairs having his toes done while his girlfriend was having her nails done. Then he had a manicure! Said he does it all the time! Another client was asking him about it.

I always leave my toes to the professionals, although I am pretty good at polish changes on my nails! I always use a base coat, two coats of polish and a top coat. I like the Seche products for base and top and either OP, China Glaze or Seche for the polishes.

Here are the big piggies! Can I be a lady dork diver now?:) I'm even the proud owner of a pink snorkel!:D Thanks, Laura for the use of the idea!:wink:

MeiLing - those are AWESOME ! Yep - that's how it's done. Good polish choices too :wink:

I came up with this idea when I tried to draw very straight white lines on my toes to resemble the dive flag. After a couple of attempts I switched to the rhinestones and loved the effect. It's much easier to do this on a client, it's harder to do it on yourself.

Those look beautiful. I am so proud of my little protege. sniff.

kittyjg:
MeiLing,
I love the shiny polish with the rhinestones. I haven't found polish like that. All I have is the regular stuff that is more of a matte finish.
My toes are overdue for a new paint job and I want to try Laura's idea. Where do you find the tiny rhinestones, though?
I also have a pink snorkle and a pink cap on my tank and green fins . Can I be a Dork Diver, too?

Kitty, check out Sally's or any craft store (Michaels?) near you, they should sell them in little packages. You can get different colors but clear is the best for the dive toes.

As for the polish - it's shiny probably because they may still be wet. Any good top coat will give you that shine as well. You *must* use top coat over these or you'll knock the rhinestones off. For the record, I wear Crocs, and the rhinestones stay put. And they stay put on my clients. Seche is a good top coat (Seche or Poshe if you can get it).

Have fun! Oh, and they won't match your green fins though - but you'll look like a Christmas tree so I guess that's OK.

So fun!!!!!!Toenails are the best place to advertise your hobbies, mine have had the H-D logo, Packers, UW Madison. and now dive flags!!!!

trucker girl:
I don't know if, after the drop experience, I'll ever be able to try it again. It was just that traumatic!

If you have a car with 4 doors park it relatively close to another vehicle, open the front and rear door and change between them. Squat for the top and stand for the bottom, no towel required :D Both doors open also works for cover when you have to stop along the highway to pee.
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
If you have a car with 4 doors park it relatively close to another vehicle, open the front and rear door and change between them. Squat for the top and stand for the bottom, no towel required :D Both doors open also works for cover when you have to stop along the highway to pee.

Ber... I'm a trucker. Therefore, I have years of experience finding ways to pee in non-pee environments. Pee pee is the #1 topic among female drivers, in my experience. I have a friend who claims to be able to pee in a pop can. No, I haven't witnessed this. I believe her though- and I'm impressed. I tried it once. We won't talk about that.

Now I bring a potty with me- so no more "she sells pee shells by the wee door" for me. :D

I'm never going to attempt to change in front of N_K again. Once was enough. I can hoof it to the bathroom in need be! And I'm not too proud to wear a wet swimsuit all the way home- no matter how much chaffing I endure!

I'm totally getting dive toes for Tobermory (btw... I had talked myself out of going again until chatting with scratchmyback... now I'm talked back in- will someone please make up my mind for me?).

IMO, it's okay if your dive toes clash with your fins, snorkel, whatever. They will MATCH the dive flag. Therefore they are in style.

Do it!!!! toes are the best

trucker girl:
Ber... I'm a trucker. Therefore, I have years of experience finding ways to pee in non-pee environments. Pee pee is the #1 topic among female drivers, in my experience. I have a friend who claims to be able to pee in a pop can. No, I haven't witnessed this. I believe her though- and I'm impressed. I tried it once. We won't talk about that.
LOL! I've tried something similar, while still driving. Why stop if you don't have to? :rofl3:

trucker girl:
I'm never going to attempt to change in front of N_K again. Once was enough. I can hoof it to the bathroom in need be! And I'm not too proud to wear a wet swimsuit all the way home- no matter how much chaffing I endure!

LOL! I don't do wet swimsuits. I figure as long as I'm not risking getting arrested I change wherever I think I can get 45 seconds alone.

trucker girl:
I'm totally getting dive toes for Tobermory (btw... I had talked myself out of going again until chatting with scratchmyback... now I'm talked back in- will someone please make up my mind for me?).
You're going to Tobermory, there you're minds made up. It will be a great trip!

Speaking of flags, each buddy pair needs one for the shore dives.

I love the rhinestones on the toes!

I usually have them paint the white line, but the rhinestones are much better. I meant to have my nails done yesterday (nothing on the fingers, just clean up the cuticles and buff) but always have wild things done on my toes. My toes are currently florescent yellow but today---dive flags with rhinestones!

scratchmyback:
I just feel so proud right now. I'm gonna cry.

Is that allowed?

Yes, you may! Here's a tissue!

I love the Seche Vite topcoat. It's a quick drying one so it allows it to dry to the touch fairly quickly so I can move on with my day. I can't sit still for too long. You do have to be careful though not to gouge them on anything. I find having them done in the evening and picking up dinner on the way home saves them - the fingers that is. Toes you must wear thong top sandals. One of my manicurists even paints them with your sandals on as getting them on is the point where you'll mostly mess them up.

kittyjg:
MeiLing,
I love the shiny polish with the rhinestones. I haven't found polish like that. All I have is the regular stuff that is more of a matte finish.
My toes are overdue for a new paint job and I want to try Laura's idea. Where do you find the tiny rhinestones, though?
I also have a pink snorkle and a pink cap on my tank and green fins . Can I be a Dork Diver, too?

I did use the OPI - I'm Not Really a Waitress. I love that color! I love their polishes too. Kitty,To keep your manicure looking good, you can do another top coat every couple of days. Also, try the brands OPI, Seche and and China Glaze for the sparkley polishes. China Glaze makes one that looks like Dorothy's ruby slippers, appropriately titled, "Ruby Pumps". With green fins and pink snorkel, you're definitely a dork!

The rhinestones that the gal at the nail shop used did look like they came from a craft store. Looked like something you'd find in the scrapbooking section. They were in one of those plastic wheel containers with the pie sections. She pretty much used the method you described, Laura, only she had a stylus that she used instead of a toothpick. And there is no way I could manage that on my toes! Like I said, I leave the toes to the professionals. Plus half the fun of it is getting to relax in the pedicure chair with massager built in while reading tabloid magazines or Cosmo or a new one that I really like, Jane. I've actually ditched my regular manicurist for pedicures because she doesn't have the chair! I haven't found anyone though that does the acrylic nails as good as she though!

trucker girl:
I don't cut them out... I just don't buy them! I tried one of those wrap around bras so I could wear it with a spaghetti strap top since the bras I have with removable straps look dumb when I remove them (nothing to hold them up...) and even IT had too much shape!

Hmmm... who was talking about real ones vs. fake ones and that silicone may pose a higher risk for DCS since it tends to hold nitrogen...

No, seriously, I'm not getting a boob job. I'm just talking about it!

TG,
I looked at the Catalina suit I've been wearing and it does still have the bra thingie inside. However, it is only another layer of lycra. Some of the ones I was looking at at Walmart yesterday had thicker molded type cups. They didn't seem like were overly large but, like I said, I am really lacking in the chest department. I did consider enlargement when I was younger and more insecure about! Now, I am of the opinion that you don't mess with the playground equipment if it isn't broken! And gravity is never going to be my enemy!

As for swimsuits in Hawaii. Pretty hard to get away without wearing one, pesky laws and all! However, I am pretty cheap when it comes to buying them. $20 is my max per! Not going to spend a whole lot of money on something I am likely to snag the first time I wear it! Especially around dive gear with velcro!:shakehead

Ladies, come back and show us your dive toes! Laura, your a fashion leader!:D

Back
Top Bottom