What Women Want... Dork Diver Style!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scratchmyback:
MeiLing c'mon, those are good!

I quite often do a diagonal line of small clear rhinestones on the big toes over red (I'm-Not-Really-A-Waitress) polish to resemble a dive flag. Wish I had a pic to show you ladies. I did this on myself before I went to the Bahamas in May and every woman on the boat wanted it. Everything was still intact 2 months later, though the polish was growing out.
Thanks! I haven't left just yet and I'm glad I waited! Cool idea!:D Hope you don't mind if I borrow it?

MeiLing:
Thanks! I haven't left just yet and I'm glad I waited! Cool idea!:D Hope you don't mind if I borrow it?

Not at all! I wouldn't put it out here if I minded. Glad you like it.

I have a trick for applying the rhinestones though because they are slippery little buggers. When you've polished the nails take a toothpick and dip the tip into your clear basecoat. Then pick up a rhinestone and place it on the nail. Repeat till all are in place. Then seal the rhinestones and the polish with a good top coat.

I always do a base coat, 2 coats of polish and top coat. My clients last easily for 6 weeks and hardest thing to remove from the nails are the rhinestones!

Enjoy :D

scratchmyback:
Are drysuit divers allowed to be dorks, by the way :wink: I don't know the rules, somebody fill me in !
Not exactly rules.. more like guidelines ..
found here >> http://dorkdiver.com/ <<
And yes.. you can have lots of fun in a drysuit.
Some of them even look dorkie to start with!
What's more dorkie than looking like you are in a Star Trek episode??
Oh yeah.. blue gloves.. OK A smurfette in a Star Trek outfit! Tell me that doesn't qualify as true dorkosity.
But again.. mostly having fun while respecting others is the main 'rule'.

MeiLing:
What about the one piece women's swimsuit made by Danskin. Walmarts usually carry them. Might not work for you though if you need support.

Correction on this. The brand name is Catalina and they did have a bra thingie built in. I usually cut those things out though since they usually are manufactured for those with more equipment than I am packing!:)

scratchmyback:
Not at all! I wouldn't put it out here if I minded. Glad you like it.

I have a trick for applying the rhinestones though because they are slippery little buggers. When you've polished the nails take a toothpick and dip the tip into your clear basecoat. Then pick up a rhinestone and place it on the nail. Repeat till all are in place. Then seal the rhinestones and the polish with a good top coat.

I always do a base coat, 2 coats of polish and top coat. My clients last easily for 6 weeks and hardest thing to remove from the nails are the rhinestones!

Enjoy :D

I was so itching for a pedicure with all this talk of nail polish. When I went in, there was actually a straight man in one of the pedi-chairs having his toes done while his girlfriend was having her nails done. Then he had a manicure! Said he does it all the time! Another client was asking him about it.

I always leave my toes to the professionals, although I am pretty good at polish changes on my nails! I always use a base coat, two coats of polish and a top coat. I like the Seche products for base and top and either OP, China Glaze or Seche for the polishes.

Here are the big piggies! Can I be a lady dork diver now?:) I'm even the proud owner of a pink snorkel!:D Thanks, Laura for the use of the idea!:wink:

Attachments

• DSC01059.JPG
    DSC01059.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 174
rhadamantus:
it is actually easy once you get used to it. i do it all the time (even with a sarong). very convenient. you get out of your wetsuit, squeeze extra water out of ur hair, wrap urself with a towel, get rid of your swimsuit, put on the dry ones.

can change from anything to anything anywhere.

I don't know if, after the drop experience, I'll ever be able to try it again. It was just that traumatic!

MeiLing:
I usually cut those things out though since they usually are manufactured for those with more equipment than I am packing!:)

I don't cut them out... I just don't buy them! I tried one of those wrap around bras so I could wear it with a spaghetti strap top since the bras I have with removable straps look dumb when I remove them (nothing to hold them up...) and even IT had too much shape!

Hmmm... who was talking about real ones vs. fake ones and that silicone may pose a higher risk for DCS since it tends to hold nitrogen...

No, seriously, I'm not getting a boob job. I'm just talking about it!

MeiLing,
I love the shiny polish with the rhinestones. I haven't found polish like that. All I have is the regular stuff that is more of a matte finish.
My toes are overdue for a new paint job and I want to try Laura's idea. Where do you find the tiny rhinestones, though?
I also have a pink snorkle and a pink cap on my tank and green fins . Can I be a Dork Diver, too?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom