what would you have done?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can never get those Fifth Dimension Training Videos to play... and I have installed the most recent Windows Media Player... can anyone lend me a hand here???

AquaDog once bubbled...
What dive op was it?

I'm familiar with many of the Pompano area dive ops and was very curious about that. I didn't see it mentioned in any previous posts. I think thats important to share that so that some of us can avoid that op in the future.
Thanx for sharing your experience and ya done good.

I don't want to sound like an a** but i haven't heard a name either, and i highly doubt any of the pompano dive boats would throw a cinder block off the back of the boat

but hey there is always the chance that i am wrong:rolleyes:

One of the most important lessons I try to relate to my students is that when it is all said and done, they are primarilly responsible for their OWN safety.

I would have signaled ascend and if the "DM" refused I'd have gone on up and told that Capt. what had happened. I can't believe this guy is a DM, had no signaling device, ignored an aborted dive signal, drifted away from the site so far, etc, etc...what a dink.

Anyway, in the long run, even if the Captain had not seen your safety sausage (s)he probably would have found you guys. You can really only go with prevailing winds and currents. The reason you saw the stern of the vessel was probably because the Capt. was motoring into the current to stay close to the site.

I'm sorry that your dive was ruined. I hope that the DM learned a lesson...

Did this person offer to compensate you? Did the dive operation refund your money?

Back
Top Bottom