What would you like to see Zeagle make/change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with moving the trim pockets to the upper band. I did it on my Brigade but it isn't as esay as moving the pocket.

For those that want to service their own regs I'm pretty sure that kits for Zeagle regs are out there. I've seen them but not sure where. I think it might be a rather big scuba toy store in Texas. I might be wrong.

For those that want to service their own regs I'm pretty sure that kits for Zeagle regs are out there. I've seen them but not sure where. I think it might be a rather big scuba toy store in Texas. I might be wrong.
@crpntr133: There's a difference between offering overhaul kits for sale and providing service training to the end user so that he can do his own regulator overhauls. You are correct, though. Zeagle (and Dive Rite) does allow overhaul kits to be sold to the end user. I want to encourage Zeagle to makes more strides in that direction.

The service manuals are out on the web.

Just do a google search to find them.

Any halfway tool savvy person should be able to do it by the look of it.

A corrugated BC hose with a solid section in the middle with the dump cable attached to each end so that you can use the pull dump if you are using a SS1 Octo Z ect. just by pulling on the solid section in the hose>

A low pressure port on the turret end cap of the 50D first stage.

The service manuals are out on the web.

Just do a google search to find them.

Any halfway tool savvy person should be able to do it by the look of it.
@BB1: I DIY service my Apeks regs. Older Apeks manuals are available online, but I have to look in various places to source Apeks overhaul kits. Zeagle should be commended for allowing overhaul kits to be sold directly to the end user. What I am suggesting, though, is that Zeagle regulator service training be made accessible to the end user. I'm comfortable with doing the overhauls on my own, but it would be even better to have an experienced reg technician demonstrate how he does things and offer insider tips on troubleshooting reg issues. I would definitely pay for that experience. Currently, reg owners can only access this training if they are sponsored by a reg repair shop. This arrangement seems kind of silly to me.

Jimmer I am talking with Jim Fox (Zeagle regulator engineer) about the possibility of that very thing.

I have something drawn up and am going to send it to him to see if it is even feasible.

Issues I see are the lack of material to support opening the hex hole up enough to support an LP hose thread while hollowing the core to allow air to pass. Bypassing that problem may require increasing the diameter of the stem of the bolt that retains the turret but that in turn would reduce the efficiency of the 4 side ports.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Funny you mention that, I actually just sent Jim an email about that. I don't own a 50D, otherwise I would open it up, measure it, and draw up my own solution in Solidworks, (I'm an engineer as well). Unfortunetly without a 50D to measure, it's hard to draw anything up and propose a solution.

In my mind, the issue of enough material for the port can be easily taken care of, my bigger concern would be enough material to actual act as the bolt that holds it all together under pressure. Once you hollow out that turret retaining bolt to allow air flow through it, you remove a LOT of strength of the bolt.

Jim

Jimmer I am talking with Jim Fox (Zeagle regulator engineer) about the possibility of that very thing.

I have something drawn up and am going to send it to him to see if it is even feasible.

Issues I see are the lack of material to support opening the hex hole up enough to support an LP hose thread while hollowing the core to allow air to pass. Bypassing that problem may require increasing the diameter of the stem of the bolt that retains the turret but that in turn would reduce the efficiency of the 4 side ports.

I'll let you know what I find out.

You nailed it exactly Jimmer.

Its not very thick at all to start. The "stem" only being slightly larger than the HEX hole in the top that holds the turret.

A velcro pocket for the backplates.

The zipper one is hard to open with one hand.

Back
Top Bottom