What's the cheapest agency to become a DiveMaster?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About 7-8 years ago someone started a thread in the instructor to Instructor forum. He was a new instructor, and he was lamenting the fact that no local shops would hire him. How could he gain the experience he needed as a new instructor if he couldn't get a job?

Someone asked his agency, and he replied with a very little known agency that I won't name because it would derail the thread. That immediately changed the thread to "Duh! What were you thinking? What did you think would happen when you chose to become an instructor for an agency for which no local dive shop offers instruction?"

So what do you intend to do with a DM certification? In some cases, it won't matter, but in many cases (like assisting in classes), it matters a great deal. It will also make a difference if you decide to go on and become an instructor.

If you think being a dive professional is, in any way, cost efficient you are in for a lot of disappointment.

Reactions: OTF
How do you know when a SCUBA instructor walks into a bar?
The vegans and crossfitters all get out of the way?

I think bsac rating is dive leader, do not know whether they have to pay any fee. I do not have any bsac ticket.
BSAC Dive Leader is EN 14153-3/ISO 24801-3 - 'Dive Leader' equivalent, same as PADI DM.

There is an annual BSAC (irrelevant of diver grade) currently £75.50 that includes liability insurance, but not if working commercially.

How do you know when a SCUBA instructor walks into a bar?
They mooch off their students for beer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom