What's the coldest water temp you will wetsuit in??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My comfort limit is 55 for a wetsuit for dives over 40 minutes and for three or more dives in a day.
Dove dry this past Saturday and switch back to wet on Sunday. Water was 56 with a max depth of 80ffw. I wear a 3mm FJ bottom with a 5mm jacket and a hooded vest. Over 60 and I’ll dive no hood.
I’ll dive wet in the forties for 10 minutes or less then need to get back above the thermocline.

46-48 degrees -but it's a function of time as well.
Absolutely. As well, if you're doing a second dive that alters the picture. I've dived in the mid to high 30sF, but maybe squeezed out 20 minutes on one dive a day only. I did dive once in 33F, but that was I believe for 14 minutes (on the Deep course, in the ocean, in late May).

My comfort limit is 55 for a wetsuit for dives over 40 minutes and for three or more dives in a day.
Dove dry this past Saturday and switch back to wet on Sunday. Water was 56 with a max depth of 80ffw. I wear a 3mm FJ bottom with a 5mm jacket and a hooded vest. Over 60 and I’ll dive no hood.
I’ll dive wet in the forties for 10 minutes or less then need to get back above the thermocline.
I've often done a couple of dives in a day--mostly in May/June--where it's been mid 40s and 20 minutes each. Shore dives, so no escaping from a thermocline.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom