What's the craziest thing you ever found?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My craziest find was a set of contact lenses [slight blue tint] that I found in a municipal swimming pool for the poor girl who had lost them when she opened her eyes underwater.

Back in the 90's I was diving in a quarry with my brother which had crystal clear water due to zebra muscles. I found a bicycle that was still working and caused my brother to burn a bunch of air laughing when he turned around and saw me riding it along the bottom.

Found an UW wide angle camera lens in Palau laying in the sand at 60’. The best part is one of the divers on the Aggressor live aboard had the camera that could use the lens. I gave it to him.

In Little Cayman I was getting ready to make my safety stop below the boat when I saw a watch sinking in the water and followed it down to a coral head. I retrieved it and brought it on board…….only to find out it was my dive buddy who owned the watch but didn’t realize he lost it.

Individual items weren't too crazy, but on one single dive I found an old iPhone, a dive light, and a lost fin from a diver that morning.

Does the urn of human ashes I found in a local river count as crazy?
I've heard that one more than a couple of times. People doing clean ups come across them pretty often. I bet if you google ashes and scuba you'll find divers hauling up a bunch...

Does the urn of human ashes I found in a local river count as crazy?
found one too under a bridge one day. I generally bring my random treasures home, but no way I was taking THAT! It still had a bar code sticker on the bottom!

About four months ago I found an 18 cylinder engine off the coast of Okinawa. I've been back three times and am still trying to figure out what it came from.
GPTempDownload.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom