Whats the different between Apeks XTX 50 and XTX 20??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suzielim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
All diver out there… need some feedback from u guys.
Recently was wondering which regulator to get and my friend actually intro me to get Apeks either TX 20 or 50.
So was wondering which one to get?? Which one will u guys recommend me to get and why??? And wats the different or function between this 2 regulator??

The difference is 30 :D The 50 is cold water rated and the 20 is for warm water only. The 50's cracking pressure can also be adjusted. Other than that, nothing really.

The only differences are to enable the 50 to be used in temps below 45-50.

....cap on end of 1st stage
....metal sleeve and knob on 2nd.

The gas flow performance is identical......actually if the 20 comes with a non-turret 1st stage it flows more gas than the turreted version....depending on how the turret is aligned.

hey suzie,
yeah the 50 and 20 are the same in terms of breathing. Ricky at deep blue scuba on south bridge road singapore has some tx50's pretty cheap if you are getting them from singapore. No matter wat you choose, apeks breathes beautifully.

As noted pretty much the same, and the prices can be pretty close often I've seen no big savings on the 20.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom