What's the Problem with OMS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord:
What is the MSRP of an OMS SS backplate? No one nears me sells one so I am curious.
I don't work at the dive shop again until Saturday. I'll look then and post it.

Dude.. they make phones for this purpose! :)

PerroneFord:
Dude.. they make phones for this purpose! :)
To answer trivia questions?

No, trivia questions are why we have SMS.

PerroneFord:
No, trivia questions are why we have SMS.
I knew I bought that Treo 700p for some reason!:D

xiSkiGuy:
I knew I bought that Treo 700p for some reason!:D

/Hijack start

So how do u like your 700p?? Is it verizon or Sprint?

/Hijack end

The SS backplate only is $161.23 suggested retail. The minimum advertised price (the lowest price that it is "allowed" to be sold is $142.48. Online dealers ARE authorized dealers now IMO, that is a big reason LDS's have more trouble actually getting their orders. The online dealers are not supposed to sell below the MAP but we know how
that usually goes. As a dealer (LDS), it really sucks for us when people order the BC's
and when we get the order can't put it together because 1 component has been backordered. OMS thinks that they do the local dive shop a favor by letting online dealers be authorized. They think they can keep the online dealers from selling for less then the minimum advertised price, but that is crap. With that said, I do dive
the OMS IQ pack and I love it, I just don't appreciate all the smoke they try to blow up our *******.

cdreamer

:mooner:

Thanks for the pricing. That seems in line with the likes of Halcyon. Don't know WHY that shop was selling for $250. Preying on the ignorance of consumers I guess.

I guess they are going to stay in bed with PST though on the tanks...

jhbryaniv:
/Hijack start

So how do u like your 700p?? Is it verizon or Sprint?

/Hijack end
PM sent.

Sea Pearls is carrying hot dip galvanized cylinders and they are in stock. They're coming from Canada. The 100's and 119's are selling for $329 with the thermo convertible valves. They seem to be identical to the PST tanks.

Cdreamer
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom