• 40-49

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • 50-59

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • 60+

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last summer - at the ripe old age of 52. Where did the years go..........

One of my pals in high school was joining the local volunteer fire department after graduation. They needed a search and rescue diver that we was receiving training for... All I thought he'd be doing is muck diving in Arkansas retrieving Skeeter's trolling motor or Jim Bob's coon dog that drowned. I had no idea what lie beyond what he was getting certified for and I thought he was insane. Twelve years later at the age of 30 and after a half-dozen trips to Mexico I got bit by the bug. Better late than never!

Interesting poll. :thumbs-up

For me a couple of months ago at the age of 38. I wish that I had done it years sooner. It was always on my "one of these days" list and I finally got motivated (and single) enough to do it.

Certified initially in 1967 at the age of 21.

Was not comfortable in the water until my last year of High School. Three+ years later and I was a certified diver.

Didn't dive much back then (broke college student, started working, other interests). Recertified at 58 with my wife (age 55) in 2005. Now as active as we can be (about 90 dives since 2005).

Mike

At the age of 14 in 1957--self taught through lots of reading---first dive was in Salsbury Quarry outside of Toledo, Oh---got a C card through an instructor friend when it started to be a requirement in 1975. Still diving strong!

Started at 15.
47 now :D

at the age of 32; when i had the money :D

Back
Top Bottom