When is too early?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jester:
OK, I'm afraid to ask......would it be appropriate to show up at the airport 2 days early?

Nah, airport food often sucks and is too expensive. Just make sure starting a week before the trip that you phone every couple of hours to confirm they haven't changed the flight. Start visiting the airport the day before departure. Once your flight appears on the ETD board it's time to stay at the airport. :D

HI Jester:
I hope you and Nina have a great time. Tell her I said Hi!
You're going to love Belize. Great diving, great people.
I have my gear bag packed right after my gear is cleaned from the last trip.
And my shampoos, creams, and all the jazz, stays in it's own packed 200 pound suit case too.
Usually the clothes get thrown in 5 to 6 days ahead of a trip..and I wear the same dress the other 5 days until I leave.

Have fun!

glbirch:
Nah, airport food often sucks and is too expensive. Just make sure starting a week before the trip that you phone every couple of hours to confirm they haven't changed the flight. Start visiting the airport the day before departure. Once your flight appears on the ETD board it's time to stay at the airport. :D

Well, you could drive to the airport once a day for practice, maybe trying different routes for different times. You might even add temporary pages to your dive log book for this drill. :54:

Seriously, I do make one phone call to the resort, to confirm that I was given the right number to give to family, and - I did discover a mistake that way once! Of course, you could also go to each relative house and make test calls to the resort, to ensure that the phone number works from each one. :D

don
:cheeky:

Back
Top Bottom