When you book a reservation.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have charged her for both days. Fortunately, the weather here is fairly predictable (very few cancellations), but I'm always happy to refund monies.

And Doc Harry... do yourself a favor and don't book any charters with me or my friends... You might not be as happy as you would like.

If I turn down customers to make sure that your spot is saved, I feel justified in charging you. That is lost income. When people stop charging me for parts, boats, equipment, labor, etc... then I'll not worry about the money thing. Though, I did have a customer, that didn't show, but had a good excuse. His house burned down. He also didn't call, but I can understand on that one... I gladly gave him credit for another day. He was lucky enough to save his dive gear.... We all have priorities...

Most dive ops are gonna side on the charge side here. Unfortunately, we don't have any control over nature or mechanical problems (not due to poor maintenance or self inflicted). But, that's also why I get a phone number to call you and save you some time in case anything happens. I typically only take a deposit when I book the charter.

cdiver2:
To the Dr's on the board you are the worst when it comes to time keeping in your work,I can not ever remember having an appointment go on time (years).

Whenever I have an appointment I always get there early I don't want you waiting for me, but it is ALWAYS ends up the other way around up to forty minutes after the appointment time. It seems like there time is more important then the persons that are PAYING there wages, I would be quiet happy to pay for appointments not kept if they would pay me a hourly work rate for the time I have to wait beyond the agreed appointment time

It has less to do with the ability to tell time, and more to do with the desire to cram as many patients in during the day as possible.

Just like I think it's fair for the Doc to charge me for being a no-show, I also think it's fair that patients who are made to wait excessively long to be compensated in some way, such as having their HMO deductible waived.

To go back on topic, I agree with Wildcard that the woman should be charged something for being a no-show, but I also agree with others in that if she wasn't notified somehow about the cancellation policy, and more importantly if the shop can't prove she was notified, she'll probably win with her credit card company.

Back
Top Bottom