When you use PayPal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was surprise too.

I don't gain any benefit from the thread. Still, I believe that it's important to let people know and let them decide.
Before the bad experience, I believe that "people have problems with online shopping" is bogus, or, it would never happen to myself.

After that certain incident, I received a lot of junk mails, junk mails like that never happened to my account before.

Guess what? The more resistance I received, the more I can understand something, there is something controlling the other's people mind, just they do not notice.

alo100:
PayPal is and eBay are affiliated (eBay owns Paypal) and is setup in two different states, when any transaction go through these two companies, if nothing happen, great, if there is any dispute happened, can of worms.

Paypal began as a completely separate company that dominated the industry for many years before Ebay bought them out. Don't imply that they are "set up" in different states for the purpose of playing one against the other.

I've had several thousands of transactions with Paypal as both buyer and seller, just a dozen disputes and all but one settled favorably. On one, I was only able to recover $30 of $55 owed and the seller was booted off ebay. Paypal is far less risky than checks or money orders.

I'm not sure why people expect to shop carelessly and expect somebody else (ebay/paypal) to assume the responsibility for it. Ebay and Paypal are intermediaries, not direct parties to the transaction. They do not advertise themselves as escrow agents. If you blow past all the user agreements and just go by the marketing hype you have no grounds to complain. All marketing hype has fine print and detailed terms and conditions. Phrases like "up to" and "as low as" and such are clues that there are details and restrictions. Learn to read and take some personal responsibility.

ReefHound:
Paypal began as a completely separate company that dominated the industry for many years before Ebay bought them out. Don't imply that they are "set up" in different states for the purpose of playing one against the other.

I've had several thousands of transactions with Paypal as both buyer and seller, just a dozen disputes and all but one settled favorably. On one, I was only able to recover $30 of $55 owed and the seller was booted off ebay. Paypal is far less risky than checks or money orders.

I'm not sure why people expect to shop carelessly and expect somebody else (ebay/paypal) to assume the responsibility for it. Ebay and Paypal are intermediaries, not direct parties to the transaction. They do not advertise themselves as escrow agents. If you blow past all the user agreements and just go by the marketing hype you have no grounds to complain. All marketing hype has fine print and detailed terms and conditions. Phrases like "up to" and "as low as" and such are clues that there are details and restrictions. Learn to read and take some personal responsibility.

If Paypal is under eBay and both eBay and Paypal cannot offer protection as a credit company can do, they should not continue. Paypal told me, they have credit card type of service with more protection, so, it's not like they do not know. I think the reason why they know that the system has fault and doesn't want to close it, is obvious.

I am lucky that I didn't have anything violated, 0 violation, and Paypal already told me that the seller should refund to me when we went through the procedure, still, why eBay cannot offer the max refund and why Paypal continue to change their policy for the amount they want to refund (a number they they can change from time to time), Paypal could not comment. If you have gone through this specific process tell me about it, if you haven't gone through the whole process and start to tell others, I hope you should listen to people who has gone through. e.g. For me, I listened to related people and real cases e.g. including the police officer who had experienced it himself, handled countless cases similar (according to him), then Fed Express people who have seen enough.

Sure if you tell me if all the buyers are good and all the sellers are good, everything would be perfectly ok, but does the statement mean anything to the non ideal world?

BTW, I didn't actually need to get the refund from Paypal, Paypal told me the amount only because the seller failed to get the refund to me according to the dead line. The reason why Paypal couldn't offer me the full refund was, the seller pulled out the amount from their account. If the seller was sending me something incorrect by mistake, I can understand, but during the dispute period, he pulled out the amount after Paypal asked them for the refund. Is that fair? For those who said it was only a careless mistake, could you tell me if it was fair to me? I didn't plan to dig up the story, frankly. If you want to know about it, this is the answer. Not a pleasent story to tell. Do you want to know more?

The shop ended up refunded to me, just way after the dead line. After Paypal restored his account. This is why I said why Paypal does not have enough protection.

Oh, you are from TX, I see. The seller is at TX too, do you happen to know them?
Do you have any comment about the shop?

Do you want to know more, there is more to tell as of today.

alo100:
If Paypal is under eBay and both eBay and Paypal cannot offer protection as a credit company can do, they should not continue. Paypal told me, they have credit card type of service with more protection, so, it's not like they do not know. I think the reason why they know that the system has fault and doesn't want to close it, is obvious.

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, however illogical it may be. If you don't want to use them, don't use them.

alo100:
Oh, you are from TX, I see. The seller is at TX too, do you happen to know them?
Do you have any comment about the shop?

Do you want to know more, there is more to tell as of today.

Yeah, everybody knows everybody here in little ole Texas.

No, I don't need to hear any more of the soap opera, I really couldn't care less.

Back
Top Bottom