• Asia

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • South America

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G'day,

John from Australia,
I live in Townsville North Queensland it is about 300klm south of Cairns.
I have the Great Barrier Reef in my front yard so I can consider myself luckier than most, I am also fortunate to have one of the worlds Best dive sites (The wreck of the Yongala) :D

Lawman once bubbled...
In the spring it's into the Great Lakes!!
41 degrees....I can hardly wait!!
[/B]

Point well made. The good ole "Great Lakes". I can hardly wait myself.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

I'm an Aussie also,

I learned to dive in Sydney, but moved to Townsville a year ago to study Marine Science and get close the Great Barrier Reef.

I agree with Fergyjohn - the Yongala is one of the best dives!!

Cheers

scuberd once bubbled...
I put other because California is more of an Other than a USA

Scuberd,

When my wife was attending UCSC, everyone there refered to the area as "The Planet Santa Cruz" so, I know where you're coming from.

We are now out between San Francisco and Sacramento in the middle of the State and go diving in Monterey.

Dave

Lawman once bubbled...
is in Clare, Michigan...The Garden Spot
of mid-America! :D

Yup, Yup the home of JAY'S sporting goods. We used to stop there every year heading up to Manistique in the U.P. for our annual Walleye fishing trip. Our plan was to pick up any new jigs we could find that would make our takes a bit better.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Well 13 miles outside in Dagenham.
But I've only dived in sunny places (england is toooooo cold).
But you never know next summer may be a hot one.
Living in hope of some sun
Sarahboo

I live about 18 miles east of Rochester N.Y.. At depth the water is always in the high 30s. A dry suit is standard equipment ! There aren't alot of year round divers to hook up with, hense the 4 letter word s--o diving!
Wreck/Tec

I'm from Texas. You know, the state in which the movies and television shows stereotype all of us as cowboy hat and boot wearning people that drive Cadillacs with longhorns on the grille.

As far as how we dive here, it is hard to say, as visibility in the lakes and quarries usually isn't good enough to see other divers except for your dive buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom