• Asia

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • South America

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in Southwest Washington State. I do most of my diving in Puget Sound, south of Seattle, and Vancouver Island in Canada. The nearest dive site is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from my home. Viz runs between 3ft to 60ft depending upon time of year and location. Water temps range in the mid 40's to lower 50's. I've been to Australia where we did some diving on the Great Barrier Reef and the Cod Hole.

Well, there's at least another French, here. Living and diving in Los Angeles.

The French may have invented diving, but a lot of them still seem stuck in the 50's... The more I learn, the more I realize it.

From the lack of buoyancy training (yeah, they didn't use BCs in the 50's), to the painful introduction of Nitrox or the quasi-military teaching of outdated deep air diving, one could get the feeling that the French diving community is living a little too much in the past, refusing modern equipment or research on Narcosis and O2 exposure. Oh, and I was going to forget the French agency c-card. The credit card-like format is still in its test phase...

Good thing we have hot tap water :wink:

St.Petersburg Florida. Most of my diving has been in the gulf with some at Ginnie, Blue Grotto and Devils Den springs. The gulf has low vis in the summer but warm and good vis with cold in the winter. Except this winter. All winter. Lots of storms, fronts, stirred up water and stuff. On the bright side I'm getting lots of experence in low vis enviroments and cold water.:rolleyes:

I live out side of Monticelo N.Y. got certified this past summer in a local lake been to lake George and then I wen to Belize in december going back thursday. just bought a dry suit to do some lobster hunting when I come back off Ct. Looking to do some reck diving in NJ

another Seattle area Diver in Washington State, home of UP....yea ha.....:mean:

Should have added my vote to this thread earlier!

South-Africa

Three types of diving locally:
- Warm Indian Ocean reef dives
- Colder Atlantic Ocean dives
- Inland (quarries and caves)

Get to meet lots of divers from all over the world, especially on the Indian Ocean dives.

Kingston On Canada
Best fresh water wreck diving in the world{at least I think so}
Right out my back door
Right now I can walk out to the wrecks :wacko:
Bloody Winter I'm sick of it, 3 feet of ice on my dive site's

Hi Amanda,

Very upset that no-longer-so Great Britain was not included as an option as we are, of course, a race apart from those odd people in Europe who reside over the sea and speak funny languages.:)

However, in order not to spoil the poll I did not vote "other". :eek:ut:

Canadian expat living in Chile.

I cheated a bit and clicked South America because Canada is well represented and there seem to be very few divers from here on the board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom