Question Where are you viewing the 2023 & 2024 Solar Eclipses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Driving one hour south of here to Brantford Ontario for the April 2024 eclipse
Brantford may be just a little outside (north of) the path of totality. You may need to go at least to Paris. I am thinking I might head to Simcoe or Port Dover. (I am hoping that they will open the Canadian Raptor Conservancy for the afternoon for it.)

Brantford may be just a little outside (north of) the path of totality.
I think that Brantford will get about 1½ minutes of totality. This is the map I use: Mexico - USA - 2024 April 8 Total Solar Eclipse - Interactive Google Map - Xavier Jubier
You may need to go at least to Paris.
I'm confused. Paris, Brant, ON is northwest of Brantford and outside of totality.
I am thinking I might head to Simcoe or Port Dover.
Port Dover would be nice if the skies are clear and the traffic isn't bad. It'll get about 3¼ minutes of totality.
I am hoping that they will open the Canadian Raptor Conservancy for the afternoon for it.
I think you should ask them now in case they have to get approval or something else that takes time. They may not have thought of it yet. It'd be interesting to see how the birds react.

I was in Indonesia when the April 2023 solar eclipse happened. We watched from our boat, Amira.

Solar Eclipse 1.jpeg

Solar Eclipse 2.jpeg
Solar Eclipse 3.jpeg

IMG_1297.jpeg

I was in Indonesia when the April 2023 solar eclipse happened. We watched from our boat, Amira.
Why does the board say "2031 in USA next one"? Are they referencing Hybrids?

Why does the board say "2031 in USA next one"? Are they referencing Hybrids?
Sorry, I don't know. So I Googled it and found this:

So, I guess they are referencing Hybrid Solar Eclipse, which is rare and happening once in every 10 years and it happened in 20 April, 2023 in part of West Australia and East Indonesia, as shown in the map drawn on the whiteboard.

The first eclipse is about a month away. It didn't click in my mind until this morning that the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta coincides with the eclipse. ABQ is perfectly in the centerline for viewing. You can watch 100s of balloons launch at sunrise and then see the eclipse at 10:30am.

I've been stuck in Lubbock hospitals since a fall at the end of July. I tried an early discharge that turned into a second 911 rescue. I was counting on a day pass, but I'm not allowed to leave the facility for the eclipse so I get a partial show here. The partial starts at 10:17, peak is 11:44, so i’d like to start watching around 11:15 am.

Here is the interactive map. Convert UT to CDT by subtracting 5 hours, etc. USA - Mexico - 2023 October 14 Annular Solar Eclipse - Interactive Google Map - Xavier Jubier

I've been stuck in Lubbock hospitals since a fall at the end of July. I tried an early discharge that turned into a second 911 rescue. I was counting on a day pass, but I'm not allowed to leave the facility for the eclipse so I a partial show here.

Sorry to hear that. Get out in time for the big one in April!

View out my front door.

1697303079121.jpeg

View out my front door.

I got a similar picture in Madrid, New Mexico, south of Santa Fe. We had perfect viewing conditions. The guy in the SUV with the hatch open had a digital telescope that tracked the whole eclipse and will be sending me a photo soon.

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

Back
Top Bottom