Question Where are you viewing the 2023 & 2024 Solar Eclipses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• _MG_7494.jpeg
    _MG_7494.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 32
  • _MG_7632.jpeg
    _MG_7632.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 28
As I've mentioned earlier, I'm stuck in a rehab hospital until Thursday with no day passes allowed so my family and I enjoyed the partial annular eclipse in Lubbock. It was chilly but we enjoyed it.

Just to check how bad the hotel situation is, I looked at Gainesville Texas for the weekend and they've come back down to reasonable rates. I booked two suites at the Comfort for that Sunday night before, fully refundable the day before if the weather forecast is better for Lampasses or Fredericksburg. I'd sleep in my car if I had to, but it's comfy.
Big mistake there. Gainesville is north of Dallas and far from the centerline. I meant to look for Gatesville but it's still virtually sold out. I canceled the Gainesville rooms and started looking again along the totality path. I found reasonable rates in Meridian, Glen Rose, and others near Waco. I'm booking a few rooms in that area with free cancellation terms.

Saving your solar glasses from last month's eclipse for the next one in April is great, but if you didn't or never had any, get some now while they're cheap. Here are 10 for less than $1 each. My daughter said we had a dozen saved, but I ordered 20 anyway to share...

On the top are the Solar Eclipse T-shirts I bought for my daughter, her husband, the two international students living with them, and the two great-grandkids I'm traveling downstate with for the miracle event and a few spares. On the bottom are mine from previous Eclipses and a new one for me.
IMG_0395.JPG
IMG_0396.JPG

Me viewing the Annular eclipse outside of the hospital last fall....

IMG_0343 (1).JPG

D!

Here in Eclipseboro, they are already selling t-shirts at the local Walmart.

Don't have a picture of them, but wouldn't have a problem with grabbing a couple for you.

What sizes?

I’m in the Abq area, so i was treated to the 2023 eclipse, so I’m not traveling to the 2024 episode.

View from my back yard with my wife’s camera through a filter.

IMG_2051.jpeg

D!

Here in Eclipseboro, they are already selling t-shirts at the local Walmart.

Don't have a picture of them, but wouldn't have a problem with grabbing a couple for you.

What sizes?
I considered traveling to Hillsboro on E-day, but I feared that the traffic and crowds would be problematic.

I saw that Walmart was selling Eclipse Ts, in fact I did order one there as the $10 price was too good to ignore, but I am a little overstocked now - but thanks for offering.

I have decided to drive from California to Texas to see the eclipse (gotta see it once) if the weather looks decent.

I will stay with a friend near Tucson and boondock elsewhere.

It's going to be a long drive but everyone who's seen it tells me it's worth it.

Too bad I can't combine it with some diving.

Back
Top Bottom