Where did all the women go? :confused:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hint: Although very unattractive, wearing a boat coat, a big Elmer Fudd fleece hat and sipping hot chocolate during SI helps.

Yep, even in Hawaii.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've actually been diving with more women recently. For a long while, I was the girl diving with a bunch of guys....then one day this summer, five of us planned and met up for a ladies dive. Since then, I've been out (or am planning to in the next couple days) with a couple more lady divers.

We're here....but a number of us are doing a lot more shore diving than boat diving (though on the 26th of September, there were four of us diving together on the Spectre....and man was that a blast!!).

BTW This group out of San Diego is very active.
Marian and I have been out with them and they are a great group and have a great deal of fun!
Scuba Diver Girls

seven guys and eleven gals. It was glorious!

That's cruel.... giving the old farts hope.... :) :lotsalove:

The last couple of classes I've taught were 50% women. No shortage over here.

I was going to say maybe it has to do with the so-called "crisis", making people reach to "traditional" gender rolls as a sort of suvival instinct, but I think the shop where I work had a bumper year this year and we're still scrambling to keep up even though the dive season should be winding down by now.

R..

They've all gone back to sewing & having babies, maybe??

Dove the St Lawrence River the previous weekend and out of the group of 12 we had 4 women diver in the group.

You fail to mention that a couple of the men that were there had significant female tendancies :D

Being the only male on that dive, I could care less where the men went! :D

:hm:......this I can understand.

Mine too! :hugs:
:hugs: Awww, Dave :blush:

You fail to mention that a couple of the men that were there had significant female tendancies :D

I was not about to hijack OP's thread to talk about LB's pedicure and ooops, sorry for hijack. Damn you, Canuck!!

Back to our regularly scheduled programs about where all the females are? We are here!! :D

More gals around for 3mm and bikini diving :).

Add 50F water, drysuit, heavy tanks & belts & the gals do seem to evaporate.

Except in some circles where there is balance :).

Steph and I started our meetup group called scubadivergirls for this very reason. We meet women ALL the time who "used to" dive or who "want to" dive. Why don't they? many many reasons but most of the time it is just the fear of taking that first step to come back again...or the first step to get certified. Another reason is they have no one to dive with. Well...what we discovered is there are a lot of women out there in the same "boat" :D

So now we are having meetups and offering refreshers in San Diego. We are chartering boats and getting girls out there! We are open to divers of all levels and experience.

This Thursday Oct 8th we have a refresher course offered to our meetup group for FREE at La Jolla Cove. Then on the 11th we chartered the Lois Ann and each diver only needs to pay $48 for a 2 tank dive. :clapping:

If you miss these dates...no worries because we meetup all the time! So tell your girl friends who are apprehensive about diving...we are here and we are waiting for them. Join us at meetup.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom