Where did it go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was in Cozumel in Dec and Feb the tenders were shuttling back and forth all day. Some lines anchor off of Puerto Maya and their tenders bring people to shore there. Others anchor closer to town and tender passengers to the ferry pier downtown. Because they have to rely on tenders for now, Cozumel is only getting about half the number of ships they used to. I don't think you'll find the tendering to be too much of an incovenience. They seemed to have a good system in place.

If you book an excursion with the ship then you are usually on the first tenders or, ones that are reserved for specific excursion times.

scubawife:
When I was in Cozumel in Dec and Feb the tenders were shuttling back and forth all day. Some lines anchor off of Puerto Maya and their tenders bring people to shore there. Others anchor closer to town and tender passengers to the ferry pier downtown

I did my first (and quite possibly the last) cruise in December and it was exactly as you described... tender boats all day. Our ship (Rhapsody of the Seas) anchored right in front of downtown San Miguel, so we our tender boats were dropping us off at the ferry pier. Despite that, it took over 2 hours before we managed to get off the ship. On top of that, I caught a bad cold while on the ship, so I wasn't able to do my dives at Coz, and Royal Caribbean wouldn't refund my money. >:-( Consequently, I pretty much wasted the day just sipping cervesa and walking around town. The whole experience was a real downer, but hey, I made up for it 3 weeks ago when I dove with Blue XT Sea for 3 days. They are every bit as good as their reputation on this board suggests. ( Hi Christi! )

Back
Top Bottom