Where do Californians travel to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think California divers make lots of dive trips, at least a lot of the divers I know do but they go to diverse places. For east coast and southern divers it is so easy, fast and relatively inexpensive to fly down to Florida or the Caribbean that it's a common destination. California divers will go to Florida and the Caribbean, but also to Asia, Sea of Cortez or Baja, and Hawaii. Also lots of liveaboard trips to Galapagos, Sorroco and Cocos. I know divers that have made a number of dive trips, all to Asia and have never gone to the Caribbean. Probably from California the easiest and cheapest Caribbean location is Cozumel.

I recently spent a week on a liveaboard in the Turks & Caicos just because I felt I should give it another chance after almost 40 years since diving the Caribbean. Boring… really easy but boring.

Where do I travel? About 300 miles south to Carmel Bay. I am booked on a liveaboard in Truk though. I debated a long time between Truk and Scapa Flow. My doctor said neither is good for a recovering brassaholic. :no:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom